Torts gets 15 days

yave1964

Torts got 15 days off from Colin Campbell for attempting to get ahold of Bob Hartley in the runway between periods in that wild game against the Flames. It means he will be out for a total of six games.

"Mr. Tortorella's actions in attempting to enter the Calgary Flames locker room after the first period were both dangerous and an embarrassment to the League," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. "Coaches in the NHL bear the responsibility of providing leadership, even when emotions run high, and Mr. Tortorella failed in his responsibility to the game."

No arguing with the decision but I still understand it from torts point of view. His team was going wretched and needed to get a spark. They got two points in the win and while I will never be mistaken by anyone anywhere with being a Canuck fan he has brought color to a drab boring team.

@yave1964    I agree with Torts countering fire with fire on the opening face off. I watched the start of that game and as soon as I saw Bieska move in to take the face off I was really excited, knew a savage war was about to break out! 

That excuse that Hartly rolled out there "just wanted to reward my 4th line for solid play" is a load of crap. I would have respected more of a ....we have been flat of late and wanted to spark the team against a tough opponent, so I sent out the goons to show we wouldn't take any crap. Going to the Flames dressing room was a mistake, but hey...I liked it, his team needed a spark and he gave it to them. Not politically correct by any means, but I respect the move to stir the pot!!

@yave1964    I agree with Torts countering fire with fire on the opening face off. I watched the start of that game and as soon as I saw Bieska move in to take the face off I was really excited, knew a savage war was about to break out! 

That excuse that Hartly rolled out there "just wanted to reward my 4th line for solid play" is a load of crap. I would have respected more of a ....we have been flat of late and wanted to spark the team against a tough opponent, so I sent out the goons to show we wouldn't take any crap. Going to the Flames dressing room was a mistake, but hey...I liked it, his team needed a spark and he gave it to them. Not politically correct by any means, but I respect the move to stir the pot!!

I watched the game as well, what I liked best about the whole thing, better than the line fight, better than trying to get at Hartley in the Flames locker room was that about five minutes ahead of his players Torts went out to the bench by himself as if telling the Flames that hey, if you want me here I am. I know he can be a bit of a caricature of a coach at times, but Torts always has been a favorite of mine in a lot of ways.