Hawks-WIngs tomorrow night - who will win traditional rivalry?

The Hawks lost the first of the two games, but will I get even in my family rivalry?  :lol:

It's too bad these teams meet just twice a year now ... I'd like to stick it to my dad and brother.  :lol:

Seriously ... the Hawks need to get their act together because they've looked rather lethargic lately.  I'd like to see them get it together against their traditional rival tomorrow.

I take it the Hawks haven't looked good at all lately but at the same time the Wings have been decimated by injuries (5+? roster players out IIRC) so I'm expecting Chicago to take this one... it's hockey though, so any predictions are meaningless. :P

• Like 1

@Lightning fan

Hey there!  :)   Welcome to hockeyforums!

I think the Hawks have a chance tomorrow, but I agree, mainly because of the Wings' injury problems.  The Wings seem to struggle with injuries just about every season lately, but this year, it has gotten ridiculous, because of the players who have been injured.  I think they are having a good season despite these setbacks ... and who knows how good Detroit could be had it not been for the injuries?

Yeah, the Hawks have been coming out flatter than a pancake lately, and Coach Q is not happy about it.  On Tuesday, the Hawks meet the Blues, wh they haven't won at all against this season, so it won't get any easier ...

@jammer2

I think so ... I hope the Hawks aren't getting too complacent, but that's what it looks like.  The Wings would be in a far better position had they not suffered so many injuries to key players, also.

I want to stick it to my Wings fan family members, but the Hawks need to get out of this rut for that to happen.

You can always throw the record out when the Wings and Hawks meet, I miss the rivalry. The Wings desperately need the points, the Flyers and Capitals got 4 each this weekend, and most everyone else in the mix put up points. Hopefully we catch the Hawks with their guard down.

"On Tuesday, the Hawks meet the Blues, wh they haven't won at all against this season, so it won't get any easier ..."

Oops ... my bad.  I meant Wednesday.  It's going to be the featured Wednesday night rivalry game.

Tuesday the Hawks come to Philly.   :D