Fleury winningest regular season goalie since 08-09...

Polaris922

Congrats to Fleury! In some ways it doesn't surprise me, from watching him play earlier on in the season, he began so solidly, I was rooting for him, esp after the harsh talk about him after the playoffs. I usually root for him watching him play, except in last nite's game vs Hawks  ;) , when he was just about lights out...he pretty much deserved a shutout.

(Btw- I really miss seeing Letang play. I've been so out of the news & hardly been on here lately, I had no idea he was out due to a stroke! Holy geeze! I feel so bad for him. He was 1 of my fave Pens. It seems they've dropped in their game since it happened but understandable that the morale may be low, what a shock for them all. When I saw this headline, I did a double-take, thinking I mis-read it. Great to hear he was back at practise. Hope he makes a full recovery, he doesn't seem too fazed at all & wants back in the game asap. Cool guy.)

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/03/17/cautious-kris-letang-returns-to-penguins-practice-after-stroke-not-sure-when-hell-be-back-in-lineup/

Congrats to Fleury! In some ways it doesn't surprise me, from watching him play earlier on in the season, he began so solidly, I was rooting for him, esp after the harsh talk about him after the playoffs. I usually root for him watching him play, except in last nite's game vs Hawks ;) , when he was just about lights out...he pretty much deserved a shutout.

(Btw- I really miss seeing Letang play. I've been so out of the news & hardly been on here lately, I had no idea he was out due to a stroke! Holy geeze! I feel so bad for him. He was 1 of my fave Pens. It seems they've dropped in their game since it happened but understandable that the morale may be low, what a shock for them all. When I saw this headline, I did a double-take, thinking I mis-read it. Great to hear he was back at practise. Hope he makes a full recovery, he doesn't seem too fazed at all & wants back in the game asap. Cool guy.)

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/03/17/cautious-kris-letang-returns-to-penguins-practice-after-stroke-not-sure-when-hell-be-back-in-lineup/

Glad you're back bud. We noticed you kind of disappeared for a bit. Fleury is good in the regular season, we just need him to step up in the playoffs again.

As for Letang, that was shocking news. I had just seen a show where they'd discussed holes in the heart so I knew a little about it. The show said it was repairable with surgery so it leaves me wondering if he has that coming after the season.

Thanks bud. It's nice to be missed, heh heh. Yah I was having some depression issues throughout Dec so I really dropped off the map. Then as I started to improve overall healthwise, it enabled me to engage in more activities, so then I got so busy & had to prioritize where I focused my energy as I gained it back. That combined with becoming more & more disgusted & disenchanted with the Nucks, I had nothing much to say/report on them. But I hope to hop on here more often again, esp with the excitement of the playoffs building.

Letang's situation reminds me of Vokoun's...I really liked watching him play too, & when he was suddenly off the active roster I was shocked...due to blood clots right? I haven't heard any further news about him though, wondering what his current situation is. Poor guy, it didn't seem like there was a whole lot that could be done in his case. And he was so good in the playoffs. Damn when these things happen.

@goalnut3133

Yeah Vokoun has been cleared to play. He's practiced and I think he's staying on the IT because the Pens feel Zatkoff has earned the spot.

Wow that's great news about Vokoun..for awhile there, I wasn't actually even sure if he'd be back at all. Those clots can be so dangerous & 'iffy'. Yah Zatkoff seems to have turned out good for you guys, I've watched him play a bit. You guys are pretty solid in that dept, now hopefully MAF keeps it up for the playoffs & shakes the past stuff off.  No matter what, just be glad you're not in a horrific netminding situation like the Nucks are, they have painted themselves into a corner this year in so many ways.  :wacko:

Too bad that doesn't bleed over into the playoffs lately huh??

Or too bad you don't have a goalie that plays like Briere that you could tandem with. Run with Fleury during the regular season and then your Briere like goalie in the playoffs. 

WTF is it about Fleury and the playoffs? After watching the Flyers - Bruins, you should be praying that the Pens don't have to match up with the Flyers in early rounds. Also, I am not sure (as it stands today), Detroit is going to be a cake walk. Babbcock will run circles around Danny- even with a decimated line-up. 

I will acknowledge he is having a very good season (might be his best ever). 

@Vanflyer

I'm really not worried about the Flyers in the opening rounds.  Your boys are 3-1 against us with our decimated lineup all season, and two of them were one goal games.  Ultimately, it's a 50/50 proposition on which Penguins team shows up.  I'm more worried about which Pens team plays the first round than who their opponent is.  We've proven we can beat Detroit at their best Babcock or not, so that's not really a worry of mine either.  

The ONLY team in the East I have concerns about (besides my own) is the Bruins.  Their play style just seems to match up too well against us.  Even when we knuckled down and played defense the last two games of the series last year, the Bruins found a way to win those tight one goal games.  A 2-1 double OT game and a 1-0 regulation win.  In the regular season this year we're 1-2 against them, with another OT loss.  THAT is the team I am concerned about.  They just have a knack of taking the speed out of the game, and the outdoor game in Chicago proved just how much speed is a part of the Penguins playing style.  

The ONLY team in the East I have concerns about (besides my own) is the Bruins.  Their play style just seems to match up too well against us.  Even when we knuckled down and played defense the last two games of the series last year, the Bruins found a way to win those tight one goal games.  A 2-1 double OT game and a 1-0 regulation win.  In the regular season this year we're 1-2 against them, with another OT loss.  THAT is the team I am concerned about.  They just have a knack of taking the speed out of the game, and the outdoor game in Chicago proved just how much speed is a part of the Penguins playing style.  

This years Bruins team is a monster team and you should rightfully be worried. If Lecavelier gets going you should worry about the Flyers as well. I don't think Mason is going to be a choker (hhhmmmm Fleury) in the playoffs. In fact, I think he will play even better. 

Tampa is no slouch either (in fact, I would be more worried about them than the Flyers- its just that the Flyers seem to have Pitts number).