Best way to watch playoffs on vacation?

goalnut3133

I'm gonna be away towards end of April for a couple weeks, mainly on a cruise ship (only 1 of 2x a yr they do this itinerary), & wondering what's the best way to watch the games online? Do I have to buy the NHL Network package? I was on a ship last yr & to my surprise, there was no real sports bar to watch hockey (like some ships have) & anyway I want to watch as many games as I can. I know you can buy a Wi-fi package on the ship. I'd have to bring my netbook (don't have an iPad).

Anybody else been in such a situation? 

@goalnut3133

Have fun on your trip!  I'll miss you here, though ... but I'll be away visiting family in Michigan when the playoffs begin and my Dad will likely roll his eyes into his head when I say I want to watch Hawks games in a Wing fan house.  :lol:

You might have to either use your netbook or buy a package.  I went on a cruise in 2003 and was not able to catch any hockey games during that time, either.

Once again ... have fun and enjoy your trip!  :)

Thanks Hawkie! Yah on second thought, it may not be do-able. With the internet rates on the ship & streaming live games, I may as well buy my own sports bar! Those rates are astronomical. But I guess don't feel too bad for me, I'll be in the land of pineapples & palm trees.... :rolleyes:

Thanks Hawkie! Yah on second thought, it may not be do-able. With the internet rates on the ship & streaming live games, I may as well buy my own sports bar! Those rates are astronomical. But I guess don't feel too bad for me, I'll be in the land of pineapples & palm trees.... :rolleyes:

Quit making me jealous ... :lol:   After yet another grueling workweek, pineapples and palm trees sounds good to me right now ... :D .  Still ... one would think they would have a sports bar on board, but they don't ... they really should.

I'm gonna be away towards end of April for a couple weeks, mainly on a cruise ship (only 1 of 2x a yr they do this itinerary), & wondering what's the best way to watch the games online?

Hey goalnut- If you look at My My Menu here, there is a category called Hockey Streams. It has several sites you can stream the games for free. My favorite is LiveTv.Ru (as it seems to have lest ad garbage). Also, there is a trick to avoid allot of the ad garbage, when the stream is initializing, attempt to go full screen asap (some links have an ad over the place where you go full screen and you get the popups, but allot don't). That will automatically avoid the ad popups.