Is Mason the weak link on this team?

brelic

Me too. See what this kid Heeter has while Stolarz grows his game in the AHL. 

Heeter has decent numbers (2.69, .911) on a bad Phantoms team. 

I was thinking over dinner that if this team doesn't wake up against Buffalo I would be tempted to start a youngin to fire a shot over the bow with this gang. 

Peace,

Howie

just curious why the perception (around here and in some print media) is that Emery gone this summer.

Has he said he wants to test the market? I can't believe he's hoping for a starting role somewhere but I could see him wanting more than another 1-year contract.

I hope the Flyers find a way to keep him. Of course if Heeter is ready that's one thing. But if not we could do a lot worse than Emery imo.

Agreed, but its do or die time for Heeter. Plus, as much as I like Emery, he has glaring weaknesses in net. He can't go between the butterfly and standup with any speed, and his lateral mobility is toast. It's sad really, as he's still a good enough goalie by angle, reflex, and actual skill. Imagine if he could move...

just curious why the perception (around here and in some print media) is that Emery gone this summer.

Has he said he wants to test the market? I can't believe he's hoping for a starting role somewhere but I could see him wanting more than another 1-year contract.

I hope the Flyers find a way to keep him. Of course if Heeter is ready that's one thing. But if not we could do a lot worse than Emery imo.

I haven't seen anything saying Emery doesn't want to return. But at some point the Flyers need to give their own guys a chance to show what they have. And I mean more than just a few token games here and there.

I'd go with Mason and Heeter next year. Keep a vet backup on the radar just in case it implodes but give them a legitimate chance.