1-4-2

brelic

haha...juggling. No no, I'm not knocking Schenn for his numbers - as you well know. I'm knocking him for his "here one night gone the next" approach to his job. I'm sorry but I don't think that's the mark of immaturity or youth. I'm more forgiving of a 30-year old's inconsistency than I am a young guy's, especially if that 30-yr old has had some success.

as far as Oshie - I wish we had someone like him to pot those "gimmick" goals...maybe we wouldn't be fighitng for our PO lives right now if we did.

@canoli

Oshie is a very good player.  But this is sixth full season in the NHL (I think), and so far he has been good, but nothing jaw-dropping.  Maybe he finally arrived, and even this season he was not really *that* spectacular.  Again, a good player, sure... But I wonder if what we have seen this season is his potential, and if that's the case, I won't even consider trading Schenn for him straight.

I am not sure I would agree on Bergeron also.  I know it's a matter of opinion, and I will say Patrice Bergeron is an excellent player and has a big impact on the game.  But I don't know if I will go as far as say that I will trade any Flyer not named Giroux for him.  For one, consistancy has not been his mark since he entered the league.  At 28 he has plenty of hockey left in him of course, but I am just not ready to say I would take Voracek, Simmonds or Schenn for Bergeron right now.  In any case, I don't think it's as automatic of a decision as you make it sound.

The point of the discussion is that there was a claim made that the Flyers lack skills. And my counter-argument that skill-wise - at least on the offensive end - they are not really *that* far behind some of the elite teams.  Goaltending and defense is a different story.  But as was demonstrated, the Flyers proved not only they can compete with those elite teams (Pittsburgh, Boston, Chicago and St. Louis), but they actually *beat* those teams this season. Yes, they don't have a luxury of having a workhorse star defenseman on their team and Mason has a lot to prove this post-season, but offensively I don't see a huge drop-off either statistically or play-wise.  And when people start making refrences to Alex Steen and Oshie, that just makes me laugh.

Edited by Mad Dog