He's ba-a-a-ack: Wild Rely on Bryz for Playoff Run

radoran

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/255583281.html

So as the Wild begins the playoffs Thursday night at Colorado, the net belongs to Bryzgalov. The team’s fourth No. 1 goalie of the season has 38 games of playoff experience and won a Stanley Cup in 2007 as Jean-Sebastien Giguere’s backup with Anaheim.

Not bad for a player who came to Minnesota with — fair or unfair — the reputation of being a guy who can easily damage a locker room. Bryzgalov was so immediately accepted by the Wild that captains Mikko Koivu, Suter and Zach Parise allowed him to attend the leadership breakfast in Phoenix last month that is largely credited for helping resuscitate the Wild’s playoff chances.

Remember, this was when Bryz- galov still was considered the Wild’s No. 2 goalie.

“Whether Bryz was a fit elsewhere, I don’t know, but he’s been a really good fit here,” coach Mike Yeo said. “He’s just happy to be here and to get the opportunity.”

A cerebral sort

Bryzgalov came to the Wild with a reputation of being eccentric and goofy. Safe to say that reputation has been cemented.

“I’m not going to say that he’s the most normal person that I’ve ever met in my life,” Yeo said. “But he’s very intelligent.”