Rumor: Marchand+ Boychuk for Marleau?

@flyercanuck

http://www.xnsports.com/2014/06/12/marchand-marleau-nhl-trade-rumors/

Good friend and colleague Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com has been on top of possible moves that could go down soon in Boston with the Bruins and one name he has constantly mentioned as a prime candidate to be traded is forward Brad Marchand. Haggerty noted that “multiple NHL sources” have told him that “Marchand ($4.5 million cap hit) and/or Johnny Boychuk ($3.66 million cap hit) could be moved, based on a combination of salary cap hardship for Boston, and considerably high value on the trade market.” Well on Thursday two NHL sources told “Murph’s Musings” that the Bruins and the San Jose Sharks have had talks about a possible trade that would send Marchand to San Jose and veteran forward Patrick Marleau to Boston. There were no specific details on if any other players or picks would also be involved but it’s worth keeping an eye on.

San Jose does this in a heartbeat if possible. Marchand brings slightly less offensive value, near equal defensive value, comparable speed and 10 years younger. That and sandpaper up front.

Boychuk is better than our other current option at Left defense, Brad Stuart. Braun would not be near so hesitant to jump into the play if he could evade being paired with Stuart again.

If you look at Boychuk's stats for 2013-14 they are spot on identical to your man crush Vlasic (Don't feel bad, my wife says if they had a womens perfume named Kronwall we would have ten kids, lol) which means you would have two of the games best even strength defenders. With Burns moving back to defense he along with Boychuk would be an improvement over Boyle and Stuart. I think Marchand is a step below Marleau but his grit is kind of what the doctor ordered for your club. It might be kind of like when the Dodgers added Kirk Gibson to a laid back country club atmosphere and he led them to a world series in 1988, if you are old enough to remember that.

I don't know what the Bruins are thinking. Seguin for Eriksson, if they do this one Marchand for Marleau. From a Bruin standpoint I wouldn't do either deal. Lucky for them Reilly Smith looks like he can play a little but wow did Jim Nill get them on his first deal as the Stars GM.

If you look at Boychuk's stats for 2013-14 they are spot on identical to your man crush Vlasic (Don't feel bad, my wife says if they had a womens perfume named Kronwall we would have ten kids, lol) which means you would have two of the games best even strength defenders. With Burns moving back to defense he along with Boychuk would be an improvement over Boyle and Stuart. I think Marchand is a step below Marleau but his grit is kind of what the doctor ordered for your club. It might be kind of like when the Dodgers added Kirk Gibson to a laid back country club atmosphere and he led them to a world series in 1988, if you are old enough to remember that.

I don't know what the Bruins are thinking. Seguin for Eriksson, if they do this one Marchand for Marleau. From a Bruin standpoint I wouldn't do either deal. Lucky for them Reilly Smith looks like he can play a little but wow did Jim Nill get them on his first deal as the Stars GM.

I love Patti and would love to see him and Thornton hoist the cup together.

That being said, if this deal turned out to be true, I would do cartwheels through the park in a thong.

i saw that rumor as well

.... TVASports.com is reporting that the Bruins and Sharks could be talking about a Brad Marchand plus more for Patrick Marleau type of trade.

Edited by Irishjim

• 2 weeks later...

i saw that rumor as well

.... TVASports.com is reporting that the Bruins and Sharks could be talking about a Brad Marchand plus more for Patrick Marleau type of trade.

I couldn't care a whole lot less about the sharks, but watching a dismantling of the Bruins makes me happy. Well done, Habs.