Derek Grant

Pittsburgh Penguins

Nick Spaling

San Jose Sharks

Jason Demers

Toronto Maple Leafs

Cody Franson

James Reimer

Wingels and Sheppard are the only two other sharks I heard of getting QO's. Demers trying to go to arbitration does not surprise me. Great regular season, and highest scoring defenseman on the team, horrible playoffs.

I just realized something. Once you file for arbitration, you cannot be offer sheeted.

WTF SUBBAN???? Why would you file???????

wtflol.gif

Yeah i couldn't find why Krug isn't eligible for an offer sheet or arbitration..........still looking.

a friend of mine told me wingels resigned 3 years at 2.3 million. his brother is an agent so he is usually not bullcrapping me, but i have a hard time seeing wingels signing that low after a 38 point season.

So far zero sources online tell me how much he resigned for.

GRRRRRR

@OccamsRazor

Holy crap, my friend was darn close with the hearsay from his brother.

Wingels at 2.47 million per year for 3 years.

I honestly would not have complained if Wingels got 3 million to 3.5 million per year. He was 6th on the team in scoring with 38 points, plays in all situations(PP, PK, ES) and up and down to any line effectively on either wing when he is a natural center. He also was a team leader in hits with 218(Burns next closest with 145.

So hell yes I love this signing. If there is Doug Wilson does well, it is convince guys playing well to take a hometown discount.

WTF SUBBAN???? Why would you file???????

In the playoffs, Subban was always on the ice.  Got huge minutes.  But, during the regular season, he was often sat by Therrien because of "defensive lapses".  As a result, his average TOI in the 82 game schedule was less than Andrei Markov's.  Montreal just signed Markov to a deal that's  substantially less than Subban's  asking price. 

Betcha that regular season TOI comparison will be used by Canadiens in the arbitration.   

I never bought any of the bogus reasons Therrien used for his treatment of Subban.  

Makes you wonder.

But, during the regular season, he was often sat by Therrien because of "defensive lapses".  As a result, his average TOI in the 82 game schedule was less than Andrei Markov's

well, there's the double edged sword of the offensive defenseman.  subban had more even strength TOI during the regular season than markov, and about the same PP time...but subban doesn't kill penalties.  not a good idea to have a guy who likes to dangle at his defensive blueline, trying to beat three forecheckers singlehandedly, while your team is down a man.  markov's extra PK TOI (2:30 versus 0:40) pushed his overall above subban's.

i don't know what's been offered or what has been demanded.  i'll be real surprised if subban actually gets to a hearing.  imo, this was a way for montreal to remove the threat of an offersheet while they come to terms.  the dump truck full of money will be showing up in the next few weeks.

I don't think it will make a stop at my house.

i dunno.  stand in your drive way with a stick and a tennis ball, showing off your sick skillz, and who knows?  dump truck of money or google street view car, either way is a win.

stand in your drive way with a stick and a tennis ball, showing off your sick skillz, and who knows?

Ya think? 

I'm going to be 80 next year.    I guess a six or seven year deal is out of the question. 

I'll setlle for two years. 

Hell, for what these guys get, I'll settle for two weeks.

In the playoffs, Subban was always on the ice.  Got huge minutes.  But, during the regular season, he was often sat by Therrien because of "defensive lapses".  As a result, his average TOI in the 82 game schedule was less than Andrei Markov's.  Montreal just signed Markov to a deal that's  substantially less than Subban's  asking price. 

Betcha that regular season TOI comparison will be used by Canadiens in the arbitration.   

I never bought any of the bogus reasons Therrien used for his treatment of Subban.  

Makes you wonder.

Markov's contract runs into his elderly years and Subban will point to that. Not to mention Subban has a Norris trophy to his name and outscored Markov by 10 points.

Montreal better get off their arses and start treating him better. If this goes to arbitration and they do not get him signed long term now, they can only give him a 1 or two year deal from the arbiter.

It has been suggested that he was given offer sheets not only this season, but the last time he held out.....He just did not sign them. Loyalty that he probably should not show the habs given they continue to try to lowball him. I actually believe Subban when he tells the media he does not want to play anywhere else. But that could change very quickly.

Do you think treating him like crap, telling the arbiter in front of him why he is not worth money, then only getting him for a 1 or two year deal is going to make him want to stick around when he becomes UFA? Think about it Montreal. You could lowball him, tell the arbiter he is not worth what other teams will be willing to pay for him, and then you could lose him for NOTHING to free agency. NOTHING.

well, there's the double edged sword of the offensive defenseman.  subban had more even strength TOI during the regular season than markov, and about the same PP time...but subban doesn't kill penalties.  not a good idea to have a guy who likes to dangle at his defensive blueline, trying to beat three forecheckers singlehandedly, while your team is down a man.  markov's extra PK TOI (2:30 versus 0:40) pushed his overall above subban's.

i don't know what's been offered or what has been demanded.  i'll be real surprised if subban actually gets to a hearing.  imo, this was a way for montreal to remove the threat of an offersheet while they come to terms.  the dump truck full of money will be showing up in the next few weeks.

Montreal did not file for arbitration. Subban himself filed for arbitration.

@OccamsRazor

Holy crap, my friend was darn close with the hearsay from his brother.

Wingels at 2.47 million per year for 3 years.

I honestly would not have complained if Wingels got 3 million to 3.5 million per year. He was 6th on the team in scoring with 38 points, plays in all situations(PP, PK, ES) and up and down to any line effectively on either wing when he is a natural center. He also was a team leader in hits with 218(Burns next closest with 145.

So hell yes I love this signing. If there is Doug Wilson does well, it is convince guys playing well to take a hometown discount.

So what you're saying is you want to trade him for Vinny? ;)