Prospect Camp Scrimmage July 19th

The Pittsburgh Penguins will host the team’s annual prospect development camp July 15-19 at CONSOL Energy Center, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

The group of rookies and prospects will be in Pittsburgh taking part in on-ice practice and scrimmage sessions, undergoing medical and fitness testing and attending meetings and seminars.

Among the prospects attending will be 2014 first-round draft pick Kasperi Kapanen and 2013 second-round pick, goaltender Tristan Jarry.

Penguins prospects skate at 2013 Development Camp

Kapanen, 17, has played in the top Finnish league the last two years, scoring 14 points (7G-7A) in 2013-14. Jarry, 19, led the Edmonton Oil Kings to the Western Hockey League (WHL) championship and to a 2014 Memorial Cup championship.

Derrick Pouliot, Pittsburgh’s top pick (8th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft, will attend camp, but won’t skate as he recovers from offseason shoulder surgery. Pouliot was named the Canadian Hockey League’s ‘Defenseman of the Year’ in ’13-14.

As in past years, the scrimmage on Saturday, July 19 at CONSOL Energy Center will be free and open to the public. The scrimmage begins at 3 p.m. and includes free parking in all CONSOL Energy Center surface lots.

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton head coach John Hynes and his assistant coach, Alain Nasreddine, will run the on-ice portion of camp alongside Penguins goaltender development coach Mike Buckley.

Penguins assistant general managers Tom Fitzgerald and Bill Guerin will coordinate the off-ice portion of camp, with Penguins strength and conditioning coach Mike Kadar and WBS strength and conditioning coach Joe Lorincz also serving as instructors.

Five players from last year’s camp – Olli Maatta, Jayson Megna, Brian Dumoulin, Philip Samuelsson and Adam Payerl – went on to play for the Penguins during the 2013-14 season, with Maatta earning the team’s rookie of the year award.

A complete camp roster and schedule will be announced later this week.

The Pittsburgh Penguins will host the team’s annual prospect development camp July 15-19 at CONSOL Energy Center, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

The group of rookies and prospects will be in Pittsburgh taking part in on-ice practice and scrimmage sessions, undergoing medical and fitness testing and attending meetings and seminars.

Among the prospects attending will be 2014 first-round draft pick Kasperi Kapanen and 2013 second-round pick, goaltender Tristan Jarry.

Penguins prospects skate at 2013 Development Camp

Kapanen, 17, has played in the top Finnish league the last two years, scoring 14 points (7G-7A) in 2013-14. Jarry, 19, led the Edmonton Oil Kings to the Western Hockey League (WHL) championship and to a 2014 Memorial Cup championship.

Derrick Pouliot, Pittsburgh’s top pick (8th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft, will attend camp, but won’t skate as he recovers from offseason shoulder surgery. Pouliot was named the Canadian Hockey League’s ‘Defenseman of the Year’ in ’13-14.

As in past years, the scrimmage on Saturday, July 19 at CONSOL Energy Center will be free and open to the public. The scrimmage begins at 3 p.m. and includes free parking in all CONSOL Energy Center surface lots.

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton head coach John Hynes and his assistant coach, Alain Nasreddine, will run the on-ice portion of camp alongside Penguins goaltender development coach Mike Buckley.

Penguins assistant general managers Tom Fitzgerald and Bill Guerin will coordinate the off-ice portion of camp, with Penguins strength and conditioning coach Mike Kadar and WBS strength and conditioning coach Joe Lorincz also serving as instructors.

Five players from last year’s camp – Olli Maatta, Jayson Megna, Brian Dumoulin, Philip Samuelsson and Adam Payerl – went on to play for the Penguins during the 2013-14 season, with Maatta earning the team’s rookie of the year award.

A complete camp roster and schedule will be announced later this week.

Going?  I'd love to but have a prior obligation. 

@Polaris922  Would not mind getting some info on this Blueger kid, all I know is that hockeyfutures is high on him, giving him a 7.5. All I know is that he's from the NCAA....no other info on him, but HF lists him as the top Pens center prospect.

Would love to here how one of my fav ex-Spits Tom Khunackle is doing....as well as Tristan Jerry, think he's the goalie of the future for the Pens, please tell me how he looks side to side and how aggressive he is coming out and cutting off the angle.

@Polaris922 Would not mind getting some info on this Blueger kid, all I know is that hockeyfutures is high on him, giving him a 7.5. All I know is that he's from the NCAA....no other info on him, but HF lists him as the top Pens center prospect.

Would love to here how one of my fav ex-Spits Tom Khunackle is doing....as well as Tristan Jerry, think he's the goalie of the future for the Pens, please tell me how he looks side to side and how aggressive he is coming out and cutting off the angle.

I'm disappointed I can't make it now to tell you. A charity organization I serve as an official in has moved up a meeting Saturday and now I can't go.

Shame.. Was looking forward to it.

@Polaris922   Ahhh, well....these things happen, at least you tried to go.

Funny thing is I don't even know anybody that goes.  I missed last year's because I missed the notice about it.  Now this year I get waylaid by other commitments.  Oh well...