Jack Eichel - The Next Face of American Hockey

hf101

B97190469Z.120130603230805000GI433QUU.11

A lengthy but good read on Jack Eichel

Eichel is being touted as one of the next great hockey talents, and for a burgeoning program like USA Hockey, that means potentially becoming the nation's next hope at international glory.

Pressure? Sure, why not?

"I love pressure; it brings out the best in me," Eichel told us in a lengthy preseason sitdown. "You can't think about comparisons, or the Draft, or the next generation of USA Hockey. You kind of just have to be yourself, and you can't let the pressure and all the expectations of what people have on you kind of effect you."

Those comparisons are of course in reference to Eichel's foil, Connor McDavid. A super-prospect in his own right, the Ontario native and Eichel are being pitted against each other as the sport's next great rivalry. Thinking Sidney Crosby vs. Alex Ovechkin isn't much of an exaggeration. At the very least, we're talking Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin in terms of pre-draft hype.

"I try not to think too much about it," said Eichel. "He's doing his thing in Ontario, and I'm in Boston doing my thing. I know he's working hard, and there's obviously a bunch of guys who are working really hard. If you take your foot off the gas pedal for a minute, someone is going to pass you.

"A rivalry is a rivalry, and there's going to be comparisons wherever you go."

Yet for a country like the United States that's played the role of little brother to Canada when it comes to hockey, Eichel could be an ace in the hole.

To read more... http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/9/29/6861257/jack-eichel-profile-interview-nhl-draft-usa-hockey-boston-university

@hf101

I wouldn't put Mcdavid in Crosbys league, at least not yet. His shot is nowhere near...everything else is pretty damn good though. I haven't seen enough of Eichel but he's being considered basically mcDavids equal, so I'd say they're closer to Taylor/Tyler than Sid/OV. And just like T/T you can't go wrong with either. Another excellent draft coming up, with plenty of #1 centers and what looks like at least 2 #1 defencemen.

I'm sure the NHL will go crazy over the new red hot Edmonton Oilers-Florida Panthers rivalry with these two.

You're dismissing Buffablow from the running?... even Calgary seems to trying their best to suck.

Archived