What happened?

Jam1986

It is why i lobbied for a change in style of system....the guy i wanted was Dave Tippett....but i don't think they'll get to pry him form the Yotes so steal a guy who has studied under him for years and learned how to do things that way......................Jim Playfair i'd like to give him shot to coach this rag tag bunch i'm sure he has learned first hand how Tippett gets so much out of so little.................new blood and a way of doing things is what this club neeiy'

it's actually both, a coach with the right system that's been successful and right group of players that fits his system, that's why hexy has to clean house, bring in a good coach and bring in the players that fits his system.

it's actually both, a coach with the right system that's been successful and right group of players that fits his system, that's why hexy has to clean house, bring in a good coach and bring in the players that fits his system.

Sounds good to me. Like i stated my choice would be to give Jim playfair the reins see what he can do with this bunch.

Now, what does it say about them if they hired a coach that wanted to play a system that didn't match their talent pool

I don't know.  He's so opposite Lavy and that system wasn't working either.  I think the problem is asking this team to play hockey.

Seriously, though, the forward lines have a bunch of parts that don't go together very well.  Some good players among them and some people along for the ride.  But they don't go together.  You have 2/3s of a line with G/Jake and no one to go with them.  etc. etc.

Then on defense you have an entire crew who, depending upon who we're talking about, is being asked to fill roles that are at least one and sometimes two stations above their head.  System or not, I don't think we have the horses.

And the goalie is a reclamation project.  He's done well at times (most of the time) but really is average or slightly above when you look at it objectively. 

So, you have the results you have.  I am not completely sold on Berube.  I wasn't happy when they hired him but didn't really have an alternative in mind (still don't).  But he's done okay for himself especially given what he's working with.  He may ultimately take the fall, but I'm not sold that this is his fault, either.

Archived