Wednesday night rivalry

Polaris922

Million dollar ????. How successful is MAF if he is not on the Pens????
I'm not sure? It would depend on how well the team can play defense. In fact they may have to play goalie themselves. Scuderi played the position better than Fleury in game 7 in the '09 finals!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's in the area like Minnesota is in the area of Pittsburgh. 

GMs and coaches aren't going to throw their goalie under the bus (unless they're the leafs). Fleurys confidence is fragile enough as it is. Rutherfords just trying to stroke it.

Well, it's in the area like Minnesota is in the area of Pittsburgh. 

GMs and coaches aren't going to throw their goalie under the bus (unless they're the leafs). Fleurys confidence is fragile enough as it is. Rutherfords just trying to stroke it.

even more reason why he should go that's a cancer we don't need

your correct I knew he was in the area. The only reasonable explanation why Rutherford said what he said is Mario wants him here. Imo. I wonder if he wants to win another cup

Any sane player/GM/owner wants to win another Stanley Cup.

I'm don't want to argue also. Fleury's to inconsistent for this team to go deep in the playoffs. Hopefully Zatkoff will be ready next year.

Who?

In all seriousness, I like Zatkoff but I don't think he is in the team's long term plans as far as a #1 goalie.  Otherwise, why bring in Greiss?  An early succession plan for Fleury would likely be Greiss then Jarry or Hartzell. They could always go the F/A route but 1) Who is available? 2) Would they be an upgrade? 3) If an upgrade, could we even afford them? 

At the end of the day this is a team designed to win with a "average" goalie.  There are only so many Rasks, Rinnes, Quicks and Lundqvists out there.

Who?

In all seriousness, I like Zatkoff but I don't think he is in the team's long term plans as far as a #1 goalie.  Otherwise, why bring in Greiss?  An early succession plan for Fleury would likely be Greiss then Jarry or Hartzell. They could always go the F/A route but 1) Who is available? 2) Would they be an upgrade? 3) If an upgrade, could we even afford them? 

At the end of the day this is a team designed to win with a "average" goalie.  There are only so many Rasks, Rinnes, Quicks and Lundqvists out there.

it's to win in the regular season. Wasn't Halak a f/a this past off season? I'm sure he would have signed for a ""reasonable"" amount if it meant winning a cup! I honestly would trade him at the deadline for a draft pick. The Penguins aren't going anywhere with Fleury in goal.

it's to win in the regular season. Wasn't Halak a f/a this past off season? I'm sure he would have signed for a ""reasonable"" amount if it meant winning a cup! I honestly would trade him at the deadline for a draft pick. The Penguins aren't going anywhere with Fleury in goal.

I was thinking more of who will be a F/A at the end of this season if Fleury is not brought back.  From Cap Geek w/  current some annual salaries (UFA only)....

Antti Niemi - $3,900,000

Victor Fasth - $2,900,000

Kari Ramo - $2,750,000

Michal Neuvirth - $2,500,000

Josh Harding

Jonas Gustavson

Evgeni Nabokov

Peter Budaj

Jhonas Enroth

Ray Emery

Tomas Greiss

Anders Lindback

Only gets worse...

The only guy in that group comparable to Fleury is Niemi and he is practically "Fleury - West" with his regular season / post season splits.

That leaves the trade route which means you need a team with basically two "Cup-capable" goalies of which there are.....none that I can see.

Just my opinion - not only is Fleury the best option moving forward but he may be the only viable option. That's not meant to be a ringing endorsement of his play. Just a lack of better options out there.

I was thinking more of who will be a F/A at the end of this season if Fleury is not brought back.  From Cap Geek w/  current some annual salaries (UFA only)....

Antti Niemi - $3,900,000

Victor Fasth - $2,900,000

Kari Ramo - $2,750,000

Michal Neuvirth - $2,500,000

Josh Harding

Jonas Gustavson

Evgeni Nabokov

Peter Budaj

Jhonas Enroth

Ray Emery

Tomas Greiss

Anders Lindback

Only gets worse...

The only guy in that group comparable to Fleury is Niemi and he is practically "Fleury - West" with his regular season / post season splits.

That leaves the trade route which means you need a team with basically two "Cup-capable" goalies of which there are.....none that I can see.

Just my opinion - not only is Fleury the best option moving forward but he may be the only viable option. That's not meant to be a ringing endorsement of his play. Just a lack of better options out there.

Greiss also af/a? We may need 2 goalies next season! I was thinking stupid,if fleury is traded maybe signing Brodeur or Vokoun to finish the season but I really don't like the idea. Age is the biggest factor!

Greiss also af/a? We may need 2 goalies next season! I was thinking stupid,if fleury is traded maybe signing Brodeur or Vokoun to finish the season but I really don't like the idea. Age is the biggest factor!

Yeah but I think he is resignable if they want.  I don't want anyone like Brodeur or Vokoun. Can hitch your wagon to a netminder that old.

Archived