Now if we can just get Z going...

SpikeDDS

It is SO nice to be winning while Z is going through a spell of mediocrity here. It is amazing to have all the different lines and special teams contributing in order to have a team playing well despite what has been a somewhat pedestrian performance of Henrik Zetterberg of late. Yes, he has hit his share of posts and hasn't gotten the bounces here. I'm not saying he's been doing nothing. He hasn't been BAD. He just hasn't seemed to have been himself here of late. And you can see it is affecting Nyquist's contributions to the score sheet, as he's been pretty quiet The past number of games, some of which has also been not getting bounces.

No one has said he's hurt, but I'm starting to wonder if Z might be playing through some undisclosed injury. I'm hoping whether it's just a funk or an injury that he gets over/through it soon. I'd love to think that we can continue to play like we are if he doesn't return to his usual form, but despite the emergence of our younger players and the resurgence of Datsyuk--on the score sheet at least--I've gotta wonder how long we can continue to play like this without Z returning to his usual self. He is still a very critical player for us on both sides of the ice.

Imagine what we look like when Z and Nike are clicking again if Pav and Tats don't let up and the special teams continue to play like they have been. If Babs can keep these guys going and let Z get back his game, who can stop us? Man, this is fun!!

Thinking way ahead, the Rangers' PK is the most SCP-like PK unit we've seen in a while. I thought they handled our PP pretty handily with all the shot blocking. And we also didn't score last night. Wouldn't mind seeing Z and Nike tally one on the PP in the next couple of games to keep from starting a "streak." And hope as the season progresses that we develop answers for that style of PK, because that was pretty playoff-like in my mind.

@SpikeDDS I love Z, like you said, it is nice to see the Wings winning with him not doing anything on the score sheet. Of course he still does so much even when he i not scoring.

This may be the final swan song for Pavel as he is getting towards the end of his brilliant career, 12 goals in 17 games, justunbelievable play. He and Tatar and Helm seem to have something, or when you move Tatar out and put Weiss in it clicks as well. Pavel is playin some of his best hockey of the past five years. So fun to see.

I was at the game last night. Z played his normal steady tight defensive game. But holy SH+T the team speed and system play is better than I've seen of this team in a long while!!!

Cross your fingers for continued health and these guys are for real this year. I'm totally in awe of what I've seen this year.

Now the real goat is Franzen! He's done nothing but take stupid penalties. I think he's in need of some pressbox time!

I think moving east was a great help to the wings as well :)
Helps us Wings fans, too. Those 10:30 PM games are few and far between! Those things were KILLERS! ;-)

No, seriously, the decreased travel definitely makes the season easier on the boys. All those time zone switches DO take their toll. Nice not having so many now.

Helps us Wings fans, too. Those 10:30 PM games are few and far between! Those things were KILLERS! ;-)

No, seriously, the decreased travel definitely makes the season easier on the boys. All those time zone switches DO take their toll. Nice not having so many now.

That and the competition in the East is waaaaay easier.

I was at the game last night. Z played his normal steady tight defensive game. But holy SH+T the team speed and system play is better than I've seen of this team in a long while!!!

Cross your fingers for continued health and these guys are for real this year. I'm totally in awe of what I've seen this year.

Now the real goat is Franzen! He's done nothing but take stupid penalties. I think he's in need of some pressbox time!

The big problem with the mule is he cannot keep up with all of the speed on the ice, maybe a line of Mule, Weiss and someone, possibly Abby. Not really slow but a bit slower and he can not look like he is being lugged up and down the ice every game.

@Old School Hockey@SpikeDDS

The Wings transition game is amazing, and the speed up front, the fastest Wings team in forever.

Another thing that gets no mention is how many of these guys came up as natural centers an therefor have crisp first passes. Lets see,, Z, Pavel, Helm, Abby, Weiss, Andersson, Glendening, Nyquist, Sheahan, even Franzen. 10 forwards out there on a nihtly basis who are or were centers. No wonder our passing is so damn crisp.

@SpikeDDS

This may be the final swan song for Pavel as he is getting towards the end of his brilliant career, 12 goals in 17 games, justunbelievable play. He and Tatar and Helm seem to have something, or when you move Tatar out and put Weiss in it clicks as well. Pavel is playin some of his best hockey of the past five years. So fun to see.

He reminds me of Magic Johnson with some of his passing. Good night! How many times have players on the ice with him been "surprised" to suddenly find the puck on their tape unexpectedly? If I was playing with him, that would be happening all the time to me. Happened to Helmer in Carolina, and I think he was so surprised to find the puck on his stick right in front of the net that he misfired. I'm not getting down on Helm here either. Trust me, he's not the only one.

That's one thing I really like about Tats with Pav. He's got that quick mind where even if he DOES get surprised by one of those passes, he usually reacts quickly enough to get a good shot off. But even better, it seems like he's starting to anticipate Pav's passes better. The game seems to be slowing down for him. Someone like that who can finish is the PERFECT partner for Pav. Add Helmer with his quickness and retrieval, and we've got quite a line there.

And IIRC, Tats was the "tac" pass on Weiss' last goal in Dallas, a perfect example of the game slowing down. That was a thing of beauty! I probably woulda shot that puck. Most probably would have. He knew where he was going before he got the puck from DK(?...I think it was DK...might have been Franzen).

And I LOVE Tat's energy. It's obvious he loves the game. Seems to wear his heart on his sweater every night. I think his enthusiasm energizes Pav and has helped get him going to the level where he is right now. Dangerous!

Archived