2014 Free Agent Signing Busts

hf101

Danny Heatley was only signed for $1M by the Ducks last summer but it is $1M of a wasted contract.  I remember when he was signed Boudreau thought he would start alongside Getzlaf and Perry.  LOL

Heatley was waived today.  

Any other 2014 Free Agent signings that have gone belly up this season?

Danny Heatley was only signed for $1M by the Ducks last summer but it is $1M of a wasted contract.  I remember when he was signed Boudreau thought he would start alongside Getzlaf and Perry.  LOL

Heatley was waived today.  

Any other 2014 Free Agent signings that have gone belly up this season?

I have to put McDud on that list!!!!!

Man he is bad i think for that contract.....yuck!  And to lose a 2nd and 3rd for him too just is pouring salt into the wound.

Right off the top, I gotta say Thomas Vanek for the Wild, if not a 'bust', is damned close to it.

Sure, he has provided SOME offense, but Minnesota didn't sign him to a 3 yr/ $6.5M annual cap hit for just SOME offense.

They expected a sniper who would elevate the offense of the Wild and certainly to help the PP which has been horrible at worst, mediocre at best.

I suppose Vanek could get hot all of a sudden this season, and the following two seasons may make us fans forget all about this first one, but still...guys who are signed for $6.5 M per generally don't have their teams or fanbase waiting around for them to 'pan out'....not without being labeled a bust that is.

As for Heatley...not so sure he could be labeled as a 'bust'.

I think everyone knew (except Boudreau apparently..lol) that Heatley was a chance being taken, and at just $1M, it was a relatively cheap one.

Sure, $1M is $1M, but still, in today's NHL landscape, that really isn't anything to be upset about if you are Anaheim, simply because they DO have plenty of cap room, they are pretty deep on their forward lines even without Heatley, and Heatley's presence (or LACK of presence) has not affected the overall chemistry of the team or left the team in some sort of 'lurch' because he is buried in the minors currently.

If Dany would have worked out for Anaheim, it would have been a classic 'lightning in a bottle' deal.

If not, as it looks like it has, then its an "oh well, we tried, but no big deal" type thing.

I have to put McDud on that list!!!!!

Man he is bad i think for that contract.....yuck!  And to lose a 2nd and 3rd for him too just is pouring salt into the wound.

McDonald wasn't a FA last summer.  ;)

Archived