1/3 Thread: Onward to a Top 5 Pick? Run Aground at the Rock?

Howie58

Sadly, and even you will agree, there isn't much to be optimistic about these days.

I have posted i wished the Flyers played more like the Columbus Blue Jackets this year..... I am frustrated by this mess.

I feel like we've got a couple of really good players whose primes are being wasted by whatever it was Holmgren did the last 2 years.

Homer didn't start out badly, Zhitnik for Coburn (pre face smash) , Forsberg for Hartnell and Timonen, but wow did he end in flames.

Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds will all be just past awesome by the time this mess can be cleaned up for real .  

I took exception to the Hextall comment, I don't know how he's doing because he hasn't been able to do anything, no one wants our older players , he wants to build through the draft , Homer left him with a pretty bare cupboard, so I don't think it is fair to judge his performance as yet.  
I thought he did alright by signing MDZ and Coliacavo rather than trade a prospect for immediate journeyman help.  

So far I haven't felt like he's in over his head, the way it seems the Chief is.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i'd like to see the guy in the job for more than a year before i lump him in the same old suck basket.

The common benchmark I've seen for GMs is it takes 5 years before you can begin to evaluate their influence.

I have posted i wished the Flyers played more like the Columbus Blue Jackets this year..... I am frustrated by this mess.

I feel like we've got a couple of really good players whose primes are being wasted by whatever it was Holmgren did the last 2 years.

Homer didn't start out badly, Zhitnik for Coburn (pre face smash) , Forsberg for Hartnell and Timonen, but wow did he end in flames.

Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds will all be just past awesome by the time this mess can be cleaned up for real .  

I took exception to the Hextall comment, I don't know how he's doing because he hasn't been able to do anything, no one wants our older players , he wants to build through the draft , Homer left him with a pretty bare cupboard, so I don't think it is fair to judge his performance as yet.  

I thought he did alright by signing MDZ and Coliacavo rather than trade a prospect for immediate journeyman help.  

So far I haven't felt like he's in over his head, the way it seems the Chief is.

Fair enough.

i hope he succeeds. I loved him as a player.

As I said, my pessimism is founded in my lack of faith in the organization. 

You mention several guys who are excellent talent evaluators. Surely, there has to be more than those handful. Why can't they find that person? Why do they insist on hiring from within? While a noble gesture to take care of their own, it hasn't yielded a farm system or a cup in 40 years. 40.

Optimism? Loyalty? I've never seen posts more wrong than what you are saying on this day. You speak as if you are the lone voice of reason in a stepford community. Are you drunk?

Optimism? Loyalty? I've never seen posts more wrong than what you are saying on this day. You speak as if you are the lone voice of reason in a stepford community. Are you drunk?

if I were drunk, I 'd be optimistic. Are you drunk?

You just posted:

I've probably watched 1 period total over the last several weeks. I'm not kidding either.

I don't hesitate to choose a TV show over a game anymore at all.

And yet you criticize me for not being loyal or optimistic. Hypocrite......

Just curious fanatic (a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause; in this case, the Flyers), what are you optimistic about (even though you don't watch them anymore)?

I think this is the worst Flyers' team I have seen in 30 years (talent and cap).Honestly.

Do you disagree?

if I were drunk, I 'd be optimistic. Are you drunk?

You just posted:

I've probably watched 1 period total over the last several weeks. I'm not kidding either.

I don't hesitate to choose a TV show over a game anymore at all.

And yet you criticize me for not being loyal or optimistic. Hypocrite......

Just curious fanatic (a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause; in this case, the Flyers), what are you optimistic about (even though you don't watch them anymore)?

I think this is the worst Flyers' team I have seen in 30 years (talent and cap).Honestly.

Do you disagree?

Not much. That's kind of the point, nobody is being optimistic, let alone doing it in such a blind manner. Your whole "I told you guys" and "you are so wrong" stuff is completely out of left field.

Archived