1/3 Thread: Onward to a Top 5 Pick? Run Aground at the Rock?

Howie58

Well, I am on Game Thread Roll:  So let's see what we have..nothing unexpected...

Jagr scores against us after pick pocketing Emery...our usual nemesis Elias scores number 2 on a on a power play.  Where is Zepp when we need him?  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More of the same as last night against the Canes.

I'm one (period) and done tonight too. Nothing redeeming in this team right now, and without Giroux, there's not a whole lot to watch.

Marco Polo or Banshee tonight.... hmm, epic battles or epic violence? Either way, it'll be epic! :)

Greetings Howie,

I am amazed at how far this team has fallen since that wonderful playoff series win over the Pens which seems ages ago.  Pi$$ poor cap management and signings has doomed this team.  Though I still cheer for the O&B, it is difficult to watch this pig slop. 

I hope and pray Hexy gets us in the right direction, but it will take time.

The best thing for this team is to get a top 5 pick.  Top 3 will be even better.  Nothing will change until Berube is sent on his way at the end of the season and some dead weight can be jettisoned.

best,

pilldoc

More of the same as last night against the Canes.

I'm one (period) and done tonight too. Nothing redeeming in this team right now, and without Giroux, there's not a whole lot to watch.

Marco Polo or Banshee tonight.... hmm, epic battles or epic violence? Either way, it'll be epic! :)

I'm at work and I'm not even bothering to stream it on my phone.......

Has it really gotten that bad that I am totally numb to this team right now........

LOL, 3.8 seconds left and Jagr schools Streit, Coburn, and Emery.

though beating a dead horse...I am still amazed he was never resigned here.......utterly stupid move not in resigning him....(shaking my head)

though beating a dead horse...I am still amazed he was never resigned here.......utterly stupid move not in resigning him....(shaking my head)

Homer was busy searching for unicorns and dragons.

I'm one (period) and done tonight too.

I 2nd that i just can't watch this crap....i have other things to do....they are just unwatchable....maybe worse than 2007!!!! Damn..Eagles suck and out of the playoffs all i have to look forward to is two drafts....that is it..............sucks and it's january.

Jagr scores...and now Scott Gomez...we are embracing an antique horror!

And now Jagr gets a hat trick.  MSG shows his last was March, 2006 was against the Flyers.  Grossman looks like a stooge.  I have to say the guy is amazing at 42.   Sorry is is against us but you have to give credit where it's due.

Howie

And now Jagr gets a hat trick.  MSG shows his last was March, 2006 was against the Flyers.  Grossman looks like a stooge.  I have to say the guy is amazing at 42.   Sorry is is against us but you have to give credit where it's due.

Howie

Embarrassing....worse than the 2007 team at least they got the 2nd pick out of it....this years team will be luck if they get a top 5.

Embarrassing....worse than the 2007 team at least they got the 2nd pick out of it....this years team will be luck if they get a top 5.

Occam:

I would say this is worse than '07.  We knew that was a glorified AHL squad.  This is pathetic under-performance.  

Occam:

I would say this is worse than '07.  We knew that was a glorified AHL squad.  This is pathetic under-performance.  

Yes i agree i expected more i'll say. If i knew what i know now i would have saved the $160 i forked out for the season on Gamecenter....damn them!

If i get it next season it will be for the 2nd half of the season....no way i shell out that type of dough not knowing again.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Gomer's inability to manage the team with a hard salary cap has the team in a very dark period.

What concerns me most, though, is the franchise's inability to develop players.

I really think Hetall is not the guy to do it, either.

"It's never hurt anybody to be sent back to Juniors or the minors."

Anybody except Ghost or Morin, that is.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Gomer's inability to manage the team with a hard salary cap has the team in a very dark period.

What concerns me most, though, is the franchise's inability to develop players.

I really think Hetall is not the guy to do it, either.

"It's never hurt anybody to be sent back to Juniors or the minors."

Anybody except Ghost or Morin, that is.

Morin is playing great. he's much better off where he is than playing on a crappy Flyers team. You really want 2 of our best prospects learning from this steaming pile of festering ratpoo? Really?

And now Jagr gets a hat trick. MSG shows his last was March, 2006 was against the Flyers. Grossman looks like a stooge. I have to say the guy is amazing at 42. Sorry is is against us but you have to give credit where it's due.

Howie

Embracing an antique horror... BWAHAHAHA.

Well done, my friend.

Yes i agree i expected more i'll say. If i knew what i know now i would have saved the $160 i forked out for the season on Gamecenter....damn them!

If i get it next season it will be for the 2nd half of the season....no way i shell out that type of dough not knowing again.

No offense, and shelling out that kind of money on dog **** sucks, but how did anyone look at this roster over this summer and not know?

Even national outlets were saying "25th." People on here bashed that prediction /assessment but I thought it was fairly accurate.

You have a bunch of lousy misfit players being coached by a dumb ass. What is the outcome going to be?

I expect to lose 8 out of the next 10, then go on an unprecedented 7 game winning streak...it's the Flyer way, suck bad enough that you are locked out of a playoff spot, then when missing the playoffs is inevitable, they will come on like gangbusters and move us to the 15th overall pick instead of 3-6 territory. sickening.

Archived