Phil Kessel: Done in Toronto?

ihabs1993

I dunno bro. Alex Semin gets paid 7 million a year. In fact, he played 1 season for the Canes and then they extended him for 5 years at 7 million.

1 goal, 7 assists in 26 games an currently a healthy scratch. Maybe you could offer Phaneuf or Clarkson for Semin? lol.

You know, as a Leafs fan with no hope for this year or next, why not? What have the Leafs got to lose? Trade away Phaneuf and Clarkson for Semin. Maybe he can develop chemistry with Kessel and result in a nice 1-2 punch. The Leafs need to ditch this phony defensive system they're playing. The games were more entertaining when they were losing 7-4. Why bother trying to teach defence to this group? I'd just let Kessel, Franson, and company cherry pick. Just pile on goals. The season is lost anyway.

:confused[1]::(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he is done. Seems to just be going through the motions most nights now. He likely wants out. 

Agree 100%.

I think the probability is now 75% that Kessel is traded by the deadline this season. He is the only player that the Leafs can move easily and get decent value for in return. Whether it's to get a defenceman, or whether it's to get a first round draft pick, this is going to happen.

Look for Bernier or Reimer to get moved as well. (Highly likely that it's Reimer, but don't rule out the possibility that Bernier goes).

Clarkson can't be moved. Phaneuf is almost impossible to move. Franson is 95% likely to be gone at the deadline. (Good riddance as far as I'm concerned because he sucks.)

:)

After the firing of Randy Carlyle, former Leafs coach, Ron Wilson, came forward and blasted the Leafs core for being "uncoachable" and targeted Phil Kessel in particular. Immediately after this, Kessel trade rumors started up. Personally, I think the writing was on the wall for Kessel from the beginning of the year (remember how he had not trained well all summer and was photographed at a golf outing with quite the beer-gut?).

I have a few questions about the possible end of the Phil Kessel Saga in Toronto...

Does he get moved? I think he does get moved, but his value will be diminished slightly.

What does Toronto expect to get back? Probably a good forward plus, depending on what is coming back. Evander Kane has been "available" (or so it seems) all year long and that could be a good start for a swap. Winnipeg will probably want Kessel + for Kane.

WILL TORONTO WIN A TRADE INVOLVING PHIL KESSEL? I think Toronto is going to try to get a nice return for Kessel, as they still have nightmares about what they gave up for him. I don't think Toronto will look back and say that they won a trade involving sending Phil Kessel out of Toronto.

What say you?

Ian

ihabs1993

yup, he done

Is it to soon to start the process of calling Bernier a bust?  He's still young, but not nearly the dominant prospect many thought he would be.

Very much too soon IMO.

Just last year he posted a top five save percentage in the league if I recall correctly. Or was it top ten? It was good, anyway.

Even this year through the trainwreck that is the Leafs losing for a month straight, he's still got a respectable 2.76 GAA and .914 save percentage.

Bernier's struggled a bit  (and let in one hilariously bad goal) recently, but I still think he's a fantastic goalie. Easily the best the Leafs have had since Eddie Belfour, although I suppose that's not saying a lot is it?  :lol:

Archived