Bob signs for 4 Years, 29.7M

hf101

Maybe a bit high ended at 7.425M for a goalie, but maybe not for the new face of the Jackets franchise.   Bob now has the second highest cap hit in the league behind King Henry.  This deal is a combination of "we're investing in you," and "we still want you to work to get better" without the commitment to signing him long term into his 30's.  

Great deal for both.  

Honest question: why is Bobrovsky at the NHL all-star game and Mason isn't?

They both play for bad teams not in the playoffs with identical points in the standings. Bobrovsky has a winning record, but Mason has better GAA and save %. In fact, Mason has the 2nd highest even strength save % in the NHL this year (.933) behind only Lundqvist.

Bob is 15-12, 2.88, .914

Mason is 8-12, 2.44, .920

EDIT: Nevermind... just noticed that the ASG is in Columbus this year... doh! The Jackets have 3 players there.

And this was not to say Bob doesn't deserve to be there - only that Mason is actually having a better season than Bob. His team just isn't pulling its own weight.

Honest question: why is Bobrovsky at the NHL all-star game and Mason isn't?

They both play for bad teams not in the playoffs with identical points in the standings. Bobrovsky has a winning record, but Mason has better GAA and save %. In fact, Mason has the 2nd highest even strength save % in the NHL this year (.933) behind only Lundqvist.

Bob is 15-12, 2.88, .914

Mason is 8-12, 2.44, .920

EDIT: Nevermind... just noticed that the ASG is in Columbus this year... doh! The Jackets have 3 players there.

And this was not to say Bob doesn't deserve to be there - only that Mason is actually having a better season than Bob. His team just isn't pulling its own weight.

I could not have told you that off the top of my head. After having said I was unsure of him earlier this year, I have come around on him, but still didn't know his numbers were better than Bob the Great.

Archived