NJD 7-2-2 finally starting to win games.

JagerMeister

I don't know about playoffs.....but the winning is important if only for the locker room culture.

Sure, the Devils have forwards as old as dirt and they understand how things go in cycles, but they won't be there for too much longer, and the younger players like Adam Henrique, Eric Gelinas, Adam Larsson and beyond will inherit the team, and it behooves the Devils long term for the veterans to leave behind a sense of "Hey, we CAN win games...we can beat the top teams" for those younger players.

Much easier for a young group to gel if they all feel they actually have a chance to win games on a regular basis...even if the end result is they fall short many times.

All about the possibilities. Hence, I think this 'playing out of the string', which is what it looks like for NJ, is very, very important.

Lots of home games for the Devils in February too.

Well, the schedule has certainly helped. The only team they've beaten during this stretch that is currently in a playoff position was the Sharks. Their other wins came against Philly, Buffalo, LA, Toronto, Florida, and Ottawa. The few really good teams they've played have largely had their way with them.

The biggest reason for the improved record is Cory, who has allowed 2 goals or less in 11 of his last 13 starts. He's stopped giving up that killer softy that he seemed to give up every couple games the first 30 some starts he had. He's in a zone now, and the Devils are finally getting some puck luck to go along with it.

I don't think the way they've been winning is sustainable, but they do have a lot of home games against some pretty weak teams coming up, so who knows. I'm just enjoying the wins while they last.

Well, the schedule has certainly helped. The only team they've beaten during this stretch that is currently in a playoff position was the Sharks. Their other wins came against Philly, Buffalo, LA, Toronto, Florida, and Ottawa. The few really good teams they've played have largely had their way with them.

The biggest reason for the improved record is Cory, who has allowed 2 goals or less in 11 of his last 13 starts. He's stopped giving up that killer softy that he seemed to give up every couple games the first 30 some starts he had. He's in a zone now, and the Devils are finally getting some puck luck to go along with it.

I don't think the way they've been winning is sustainable, but they do have a lot of home games against some pretty weak teams coming up, so who knows. I'm just enjoying the wins while they last.

We might not have beaten only one team in a playoff spot, but most of the teams we did beat were better then us and yes, Cory has been fantastic. Everyone seemed to doubt him on the more popular boards and were even saying Kinkaid was better when he played only 2 games  :lol:

Archived