Canucks-Hawks tonight: The rivalry continues

Chicago Hawkie

The Blackhawks are looking for some consistency after a .500 road trip and a shootout loss to the Coyotes last Monday.

This matchup tonight was the talk at work because one boss (our manager) was going to the game tonight and another boss (our managers' boss) is a Canucks fan.  I was asking if they'd made a bet on the game because of one of them lost, perhaps the loser of the bet could win the big lottery tonight (There's a big Powerball drawing tonight). :lol:

As for me, I'm not brave enough to bet on this one.  :lol:   I'm waiting for the Hawks to gain a little more consistency, but also it's because the Canucks whipped the Hawks 4-1 in the previous matchup.

What will happen tonight?

LOVED this rivalry earlier in the decade, one of the games best. Two dynamic teams who seemed to always bring out the best in each other and really did not like each other. Bolland calling the Sedins the sisters and talking about them sleeping on bunk beds. I remember Kane getting his cheek sewed up in a playoff game while sitting on the bench so he wouldn't have to miss a shift. Great hockey.

As a Wings fan, looking back on the Avalanche rivalry, it kind of died off when Colorado became irrelevant. That is what has happened here, Vancouver simply has not been able to keep up the level of greatness that they and the Hawks had when they were the conference best. They are 'new and improved' with Miller and Vrbata and a few of the kids contributing, but still not at the same level as the Hawks.

Granted the Hawks have not been having one of their best years and every point matters right now. Only Kane on the entire roster can be said to be having a great year, I make the case for him for the Hart, without him they might be in big trouble. Of course come postseason they might just turn it on and be the usual dangerous Chicago squad.

Tonight? 4-2 Chicago with Sharp having a huge game.

LOVED this rivalry earlier in the decade, one of the games best. Two dynamic teams who seemed to always bring out the best in each other and really did not like each other. Bolland calling the Sedins the sisters and talking about them sleeping on bunk beds. I remember Kane getting his cheek sewed up in a playoff game while sitting on the bench so he wouldn't have to miss a shift. Great hockey.

As a Wings fan, looking back on the Avalanche rivalry, it kind of died off when Colorado became irrelevant. That is what has happened here, Vancouver simply has not been able to keep up the level of greatness that they and the Hawks had when they were the conference best. They are 'new and improved' with Miller and Vrbata and a few of the kids contributing, but still not at the same level as the Hawks.

Granted the Hawks have not been having one of their best years and every point matters right now. Only Kane on the entire roster can be said to be having a great year, I make the case for him for the Hart, without him they might be in big trouble. Of course come postseason they might just turn it on and be the usual dangerous Chicago squad.

Tonight? 4-2 Chicago with Sharp having a huge game.

Hell, Kane could win the art ross this year and maybe even the first american to do so

Archived