Hidden Mic in the Wings braintrust meeting

yave1964

Ken Holland invited Mike Babcock and assistant coach Tony Granato to a meeting to discuss possible trade options as the deadline nears. I planted a microphone and here is what I picked up.

mC7YeFFUuLKcp02laQaNChw.jpg

HOLLAND Zzzzzz

GRANATO Um Mike, shouldn't you wake him up?

BABS Usually Nill used to do it. Okay. HRRRMMMMM (cough cough!)

HOLLAND (Stirring) Okay is everyone here, where is Nill and Yzerman?

BABS: Uh sir, Nill is in Dallas and Steve is in Tampa.

HOLLAND Excellent. They can scout that Hatcher kid in Dallas and talk to Esposito about Gratton.

GRANNATO Uh sir....

HOLLAND Where is my malt O' meal? Someone moved my malt o' meal?161063591407_2.jpg

BABS I did sir, you fell asleep and your tie went into it. And then your nose. I was worried you might drown when you were snoring.

GRANATO What we were hoping for sir is that we could get a right handed shot on the point to run our power play, here is a list of players Mike and I are interested in.

HOLLAND Hey Mike did I ever tell you that I once signed Robitaille and Hull in the same day and then traded for Hasek?

BABS many times sir.

GRANATO We felt that if we can get a top four defenseman who can help our power play.......

HOLLAND where is my malt o meal?

BABS You just finished it sir.

GRANATO Did you look at the list yet sir?

HOLLAND Depends.

BABS Depends? Depends upon what sir?mbEq3hCWEmCxfVlZdx3hjBw.jpg

HOLLAND No I said DEPENDS. Ring my secretary and say Depends. She will know what I mean.

BABS Uh sir, the list of players.....

HOLLAND Hey Steve did I ever tell you that I once signed Hull and Robitaille in the same day and then went out and traded for Hasek?

BABS (sighing very heavily) Yes sir, many, many times.

That is where I lost transmission. More to follow as the trade deadline looms.

Ken Holland invited Mike Babcock and assistant coach Tony Granato to a meeting to discuss possible trade options as the deadline nears. I planted a microphone and here is what I picked up.

mC7YeFFUuLKcp02laQaNChw.jpg

HOLLAND Zzzzzz

GRANATO Um Mike, shouldn't you wake him up?

BABS Usually Nill used to do it. Okay. HRRRMMMMM (cough cough!)

HOLLAND (Stirring) Okay is everyone here, where is Nill and Yzerman?

BABS: Uh sir, Nill is in Dallas and Steve is in Tampa.

HOLLAND Excellent. They can scout that Hatcher kid in Dallas and talk to Esposito about Gratton.

GRANNATO Uh sir....

HOLLAND Where is my malt O' meal? Someone moved my malt o' meal?161063591407_2.jpg

BABS I did sir, you fell asleep and your tie went into it. And then your nose. I was worried you might drown when you were snoring.

GRANATO What we were hoping for sir is that we could get a right handed shot on the point to run our power play, here is a list of players Mike and I are interested in.

HOLLAND Hey Mike did I ever tell you that I once signed Robitaille and Hull in the same day and then traded for Hasek?

BABS many times sir.

GRANATO We felt that if we can get a top four defenseman who can help our power play.......

HOLLAND where is my malt o meal?

BABS You just finished it sir.

GRANATO Did you look at the list yet sir?

HOLLAND Depends.

BABS Depends? Depends upon what sir?mbEq3hCWEmCxfVlZdx3hjBw.jpg

HOLLAND No I said DEPENDS. Ring my secretary and say Depends. She will know what I mean.

BABS Uh sir, the list of players.....

HOLLAND Hey Steve did I ever tell you that I once signed Hull and Robitaille in the same day and then went out and traded for Hasek?

BABS (sighing very heavily) Yes sir, many, many times.

That is where I lost transmission. More to follow as the trade deadline looms.

lol. Nice

I should do one of these for Doug Wilson

@yave1964

Your microphone has obviously been hijacked, because the guy pretending to be Babcock never said the words "win," "winning," or "eh."

But I think the Malt 'o Meal part may be legitimate!

(Very good stuff yave!)

And I don't think Babs would call Holland "Sir".  I'm quite certain he's beyond that.  He's probably one to call him Ken, Kenny, Ken-Dawg, or Short-Stack..

Archived