2014-15: What It's Finally Come Down To In The East Wild Card

TropicalFruitGirl26

Three teams at 95 points, with the Sens at 93. The Red Wings appear to have the easiest schedule (Carx2, Mtl), followed by Pittsburgh (Buffalo, Ottawa, NYI), with Boston having the toughest (Fl, Was, TB) (Ordered by points, not schedule). Ottawa can help themselves by beating the Pens, but the OT loss last night means they need to pick up 3 more points than one of those teams to make it in, since they have fewer regulation/OT wins than any of the others, so would lose the first tiebreaker. Obviously Pittsburgh is their best chance since they play them head to head. Win out, and one loss by Pittsburgh vs. NYI or Buffalo puts them in.

@WordsOfWisdom

@jammer2

@AJgoal

Crazy isn't it?

When I started this thread, I felt pretty safe in saying it was down to the Bruins, Senators and Panthers.

Whodathunk that the the Wings and Penguins would be involved in this craziness due to poor play (with the Panthers now officially OUT)?

We are in for a wild finish.

Sens are the 'low hanging fruit', if you would, but at only two points out? This is all going to come down to the final game for each of these teams I think.

Huge, HUGE game for the Sens against Pitts coming up tomorrow.

Ottawa simply CANNOT lose that one to the Pens. I think even another OT or SO loss is devastating.

They gotta win...and can make life easier on themselves if they do it in regulation.

Like AJ said, Ottawa loses in the tiebreakers so its not enough for them to tie, they need to finish AHEAD of the 95 pt team group.

@WordsOfWisdom

@jammer2

@AJgoal

Crazy isn't it?

When I started this thread, I felt pretty safe in saying it was down to the Bruins, Senators and Panthers.

Whodathunk that the the Wings and Penguins would be involved in this craziness due to poor play (with the Panthers now officially OUT)?

We are in for a wild finish.

Sens are the 'low hanging fruit', if you would, but at only two points out? This is all going to come down to the final game for each of these teams I think.

Huge, HUGE game for the Sens against Pitts coming up tomorrow.

Ottawa simply CANNOT lose that one to the Pens. I think even another OT or SO loss is devastating.

They gotta win...and can make life easier on themselves if they do it in regulation.

Like AJ said, Ottawa loses in the tiebreakers so its not enough for them to tie, they need to finish AHEAD of the 95 pt team group.

If Detroit misses the playoffs, it will mark the end of an era. Babcock would likely walk away, and the Wings would likely start a rebuild.

If Pittsburgh misses the playoffs, I think the Crosby/Malkin tandem will split up and the Penguins will undergo a coaching change and some other significant roster turnover as well.

If Ottawa misses the playoffs, they will tweak things a bit and continue along the same path they are on with developing their young players.

:)

Archived