Big Buff Bwahahahahaha

Podein25

Local and national media are all over Big Buff today following a presser in which he allegedly went "all Marshawn Lynch" on the media: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/jets-dustin-byfuglien-makes-like-marshawn-lynch-1.3042488

The important context is that Buff is being singled-out for his poor play last night, mostly on the basis of being a team-worst -3 (and a bad penalty that the Ducks did NOT score on).

I'm ambivalent about it as a media strategy - it generally only makes things worse, the media start to circle the wagons and it becomes a distraction for the team. On the other hand, I like his basic message: you win and lose as a team. Since everyone already knows that the plus/minus stat is dumb, let me just say that I can really only fault him on the one Ducks' goal (Perry's). On the other two his team mates let him down while he was doing what he is told to do.

Local and national media are all over Big Buff today following a presser in which he allegedly went "all Marshawn Lynch" on the media: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/jets-dustin-byfuglien-makes-like-marshawn-lynch-1.3042488

The important context is that Buff is being singled-out for his poor play last night, mostly on the basis of being a team-worst -3 (and a bad penalty that the Ducks did NOT score on).

I'm ambivalent about it as a media strategy - it generally only makes things worse, the media start to circle the wagons and it becomes a distraction for the team. On the other hand, I like his basic message: you win and lose as a team. Since everyone already knows that the plus/minus stat is dumb, let me just say that I can really only fault him on the one Ducks' goal (Perry's). On the other two his team mates let him down while he was doing what he is told to do.

Good for you Buff.

The media lately has been a disgrace. Taking anything said and twisting it like Fox news. This is sadly the best approach

Good for you Buff.

The media lately has been a disgrace. Taking anything said and twisting it like Fox news. This is sadly the best approach

"All journalists are scum" - Joe Strummer (to a journalist)

Maybe the Jets are just too young?

I don't know about youth per se, but playoff inexperience maybe. Some of their older guys have very little. And their young players have been among their best: Trouba, Lowry, Myers (yes, he's still "young" - might be there best player in the series so far), save for Scheifele who I think has been quite lousy (lost  a puck battle behind his net on the OT winner).

The Ducks are just a very good hockey team. And they have out-hit, and intimidated the Jets at times with their physical play (Beleskey especially)

Ya, I was thinking inexperience, but also the age of key players like Scheifele and Trouba, Lowry

I've known Matts dad, Joe, for a long time.

Cool. He's had some highlight real hits in this series, both momentum-changers. Proof that you don't have to be on the scoresheet to make an impact. 

Archived