Paul Romanuk and Mike Johnson GREAT dynamic duo!

jammer2

Just love what these two are bringing to the game from their respective broadcast positions. I used to dislike Romanuk, however, slowly but surely, I've started to enjoy his play by play skills. He has grown an awful lot when comparing his early days to the present day play by play. His partner in the booth, Mike Johnson, I LOVE his colour commentary!!  What a nice fresh perspective he brings to the table....BIG time fan of this guy!!  He sees the "game inside the game" very clearly and offers a ton of reality based comments. Liked him as a player, LOVE him as a colour guy. Here we have a rookie commentator acting like a seasoned vet!!

I'm really hoping that Sportsnet/CBC go with these two guys for the finals. I'd be super bummed if they picked another tandem....these two are where it's at...I want them to make the call that sticks in my head, after that final buzzer goes.....

They are alright I suppose, you're right about Mike Johnson and the perspective he brings, in the game 7 between the Hawks and Ducks the other night he talked about how players should cherish their experience in long playoffs runs because they might never get there again, like what he experienced when he went to the conference final with the Leafs in 99' and how as a young player he thought he'd go deep again and again throughout his career and how it never happened. My personal favourite is Gord Miller and Ray Ferraro, they complement each other nicely and Miller has such great enthusiasm. They always do Canada's games at the World Juniors and this year they did the World Championships.

@flyercanuck  Yeah, seems like Romanuk has been doing the Team Canada World Jrs thing for quite a while now. He was doing the games when Pierre was in full "monster" mode.....LOL!

I can't recall Romanuk ever doing Canada's World Junior games, Gord Miller always does Canada's World Junior games, and previously worked with Pierre. Romanuk previously did Canada's games at the IIHF World Championship. 

@92WickedHockey  I think I got Gord and Paul mixed up, good catch Wicked! Gord Miller has indeed been a fixture since WAY back in the day. I'm pretty sure Gord was not doing the now infamous "turn out the lights brawl" with Russia in 87....so he must have come in after that.

@92WickedHockey  I think I got Gord and Paul mixed up, good catch Wicked! Gord Miller has indeed been a fixture since WAY back in the day. I'm pretty sure Gord was not doing the now infamous "turn out the lights brawl" with Russia in 87....so he must have come in after that.

Ah yes the classic Punch-up in Piestany. Yup he definitely wasn't there  :lol:

@92WickedHockey  Don't know if I have officially welcomed you, so many new posters hard to keep track...so a warm welcome if I didn't say it already!  lol. Where you from in Ontario, I'm down here in Windsor, the southern most tip of our beautiful country!

@92WickedHockey  Don't know if I have officially welcomed you, so many new posters hard to keep track...so a warm welcome if I didn't say it already!  lol. Where you from in Ontario, I'm down here in Windsor, the southern most tip of our beautiful country!

Thanks for the welcome, I pretty sure you did already though  :) . I hear Windsor is nice never had the pleasure of visiting, I'm in Toronto here. 

@jammer2 Meh, I don't really pay much attention to the media when it comes to the Leafs, most of them don't even know anything about hockey instead they just look for controversy at every turn, I make my own conclusions. I'm a fan of Leafs Lunch 1050 (@LeafsLunch1050) with Jeff O'Neill, Jamie McLennan and Bryan Hayes though, they call it like it is and are all pretty good hockey minds.

@jammer2 Ya Jeff was your typical 60-65 point player in his prime would have liked to see him spend more of it with the Leafs instead of the Canes seeing that he's a Toronto boy, with regards to Bob I once read somewhere that the people who wear sunglasses indoors fall into 2 categories : Blind folks and a-holes…not to say Bob is either but some food for thought.  :lol:

with regards to Bob I once read somewhere that the people who wear sunglasses indoors fall into 2 categories : Blind folks and a-holes…not to say Bob is either but some food for thought. :lol:

And here I thought he was just trying to cover up the morning hang over!  ;)

Archived