Third line: Messier, Gordie and Selanne

Grinders: Keon, John Fergusen and Bob Gainey

Defense:

Bobby and Bourque

Lidstrom and Robinson

Savard and Harvey

Goalies

Brodeur and Hall

A few things: for each of the top three centers I chose a winger who best fit their style, Kurri for Gretzky, Jagr for Lemieux and Gordie for Messier and then an opposite type for the off wing. Yeah I know I do not have Gordie with Wayne but can you imagine the fear in the eyes of an opponent with Messier and Howe on the ice at the same time?

My grind line I wanted three players that epitomize the 200 foot game, and Keon was the no brainer at center, gainey on one wing and the largely forgotten Ferguson on the other who was simply ridiculously good for numerous Hab cups. 

We have all debated Marty in goal, but for my team, there is nobody I would want more, and with Glenn Hall ready to step in if need be.

Okay let me try.

First lone: Wayne, Kurri and Rocket.

Second:  Mario, Jagr and Bobby Hull

Third line: Messier, Gordie and Selanne

Grinders: Keon, John Fergusen and Bob Gainey

Defense:

Bobby and Bourque

Lidstrom and Robinson

Savard and Harvey

Goalies

Brodeur and Hall

A few things: for each of the top three centers I chose a winger who best fit their style, Kurri for Gretzky, Jagr for Lemieux and Gordie for Messier and then an opposite type for the off wing. Yeah I know I do not have Gordie with Wayne but can you imagine the fear in the eyes of an opponent with Messier and Howe on the ice at the same time?

My grind line I wanted three players that epitomize the 200 foot game, and Keon was the no brainer at center, gainey on one wing and the largely forgotten Ferguson on the other who was simply ridiculously good for numerous Hab cups. 

We have all debated Marty in goal, but for my team, there is nobody I would want more, and with Glenn Hall ready to step in if need be.

Great team Yave, but someone in the left wing section sticks out like a sore thumb...mostly because he isn't a left wing :D

Even if he was a left wing, I would put Mike Bossy or Guy Lafleur over him.

Here's my purely depth chart list. I don't have the time to do line matching at the moment, so this will have to do, at least for now.

First Line: Bobby Hull, Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe

Second Line: Ted Lindsay, Mario Lemieux, Maurice Richard

Third Line: Frank Mahovlich, Phil Esposito, Mike Bossy

Fourth Line: Brendan Shanahan, Howie Morenz, Guy Lafleur

First Defensive Pair: Bobby Orr, Nicklas Lidstrom

Second Defensive Pair: Doug Harvey, Raymond Bourque

Third Defensive Pair: Denis Potvin, Eddie Shore

Goaltenders: Ken Dryden, Jacques Plante, Dominik Hasek

Coach: Scotty Bowman

Archived