Draft day Trade/Signing thread

Rangers to keep under the cap donated Hagelin to the Ducks for Etem and a second rounder......

Wow. Not at all sad to see Hagelin head out west. Very surprised by this.

Rangers also traded Talbot to the Oilers for a second, a third and a seventh. Makes the Sabres look really foolish for the payout for Lehner, one of the only bad moves the Sabres have made the last few days...

Yeah, wow again.

I like that Gryba deal for the Oilers.

Big man, good hitter, takes care of the puck reasonably well.....only thing about him, and @ScottM can correct me if I am wrong, is sometimes his aggressiveness gets the better of him, and he gets nailed for a penalty at a time when his team can't afford it.

But you know, the Oilers as a defense just has issues, so adding a guy who may take a bad penalty here and there is a small price to pay for getting that same guy who can actually be more physical on the blue line and does a good enough job getting the puck out to the fast forwards.

I like that Gryba deal for the Oilers.

Big man, good hitter, takes care of the puck reasonably well.....only thing about him, and @ScottM can correct me if I am wrong, is sometimes his aggressiveness gets the better of him, and he gets nailed for a penalty at a time when his team can't afford it.

But you know, the Oilers as a defense just has issues, so adding a guy who may take a bad penalty here and there is a small price to pay for getting that same guy who can actually be more physical on the blue line and does a good enough job getting the puck out to the fast forwards.

I agree with you. He's not going to give you offense, but he's one tough cookie, hits hard, and yes, he is too aggressive at times. All in all, not bad at all for the Oilers. Personally, I think Edmonton got the better of that deal in the short term. Long term, we'll obviously have to wait and see, though.

I agree with you. He's not going to give you offense, but he's one tough cookie, hits hard, and yes, he is too aggressive at times. All in all, not bad at all for the Oilers. Personally, I think Edmonton got the better of that deal in the short term. Long term, we'll obviously have to wait and see, though.

I looked at his age and contract status, only 27 so that is good (prime age) and has a very team friendly $1.25M AAV....however, he will be a UFA after next season.

I suppose if the does well with the Oilers and his asking price on a new contract isn't exorbitant, Edmonton may just re-sign him to help along the young team.

I looked at his age and contract status, only 27 so that is good (prime age) and has a very team friendly $1.25M AAV....however, he will be a UFA after next season.

I suppose if the does well with the Oilers and his asking price on a new contract isn't exorbitant, Edmonton may just re-sign him to help along the young team.

Precisely. We'll have to do something on the back end though. Gryba is gone, obviously, and I think Phillips has seen his productive days. Methot staying healthy would help a lot, but we're going to have to add something. That's what gives me a hang up on this deal from Ottawa's end. But hey, we have cleared some cap space, so maybe we can pick someone up in free agency.

I went for a Smoke. Came back in to hear Lucic Hoodie guy absolutely screaming at the TV's lol. Bruins had 3 picks in a row and each time, my friends and I went "Who?". We were SHOCKED that Barzal and Connor did not go until after the Bruins picks. The hoodie guy was almost in tears.

LOL...priceless!!!  Wish I could have seen this in person.

Archived