Draft day Trade/Signing thread

Is this confirmed?

Yes. Hamilton to the Flames for this years first (15) and two second rounders. Holy cow. The Flames now sport Hamilton, Brodie, Giordano and Hamilton on the back end more than making up for deficiencies among the forwards. The most uniquely built team in all of Hockey. I just love Hartley's team.

Yes. Hamilton to the Flames for this years first (15) and two second rounders. Holy cow. The Flames now sport Hamilton, Brodie, Giordano and Hamilton on the back end more than making up for deficiencies among the forwards. The most uniquely built team in all of Hockey. I just love Hartley's team.

I would have paid that and more for Hamilton. JESUS. DOUG WILSON.

And we are chasing Bieksa?

They have two Hamilton's?

Acquiring Hamilton is just awesome for the Flames.

Guy does a bit of everything...and he is STILL only 22 with room to grow...both physically and in his game.

He is an RFA, so the Flames WILL have to pay him a nice contract to keep him on board for a long time (he was a $900 K cap hit for the Bruins last year), but personally, I've always liked Hamilton (despite the fact that the Bruins disgust me...haha), and I think he is well worth whatever the Flames give him.

Some others had mentioned Giordano, and he has a year left on his contract at a $4M cap hit.....but as others have already said, with Hamilton now in the fold, Giordano, at 31 yrs of age, will only be kept around if his salary demands on a new contract aren't exorbitant.

On another subject, I am really, really interested to see where Ryan O'Reilly ends up.

Salary aside, someone is going to end up with a very nice centerman here.

He seems to me like the PERFECT 2-C on anyone's team, with perhaps filling in for the top C position if the need arises.

But the guy knows how to find linemates, is smart on the ice, and can handle the puck with the best of them.....and takes very, very few stupid penalties.

Also, very young at just 24 years old.

Wish there was some way he could end up with the Wild, but first off, the Wild are facing a bit of a cap crunch themselves, they have needs in goal and with some RFA's they have to address, PLUS, Colorado-Minnesota...division rivals....WON'T be looking to help each other out anytime soon.

Lucic to LA for 13th overall, Martin Jones, & Colin Miller 

That's a nice haul for the Bruins IMO. But the Jones acquisition is interesting since they have Svedberg. Is he UFA or something and not coming back? I always saw Jones as a future starter....so maybe there's more moves coming? Busy day for the Bruins.

Acquiring Hamilton is just awesome for the Flames.

Guy does a bit of everything...and he is STILL only 22 with room to grow...both physically and in his game.

He is an RFA, so the Flames WILL have to pay him a nice contract to keep him on board for a long time (he was a $900 K cap hit for the Bruins last year), but personally, I've always liked Hamilton (despite the fact that the Bruins disgust me...haha), and I think he is well worth whatever the Flames give him.

Some others had mentioned Giordano, and he has a year left on his contract at a $4M cap hit.....but as others have already said, with Hamilton now in the fold, Giordano, at 31 yrs of age, will only be kept around if his salary demands on a new contract aren't exorbitant.

On another subject, I am really, really interested to see where Ryan O'Reilly ends up.

Salary aside, someone is going to end up with a very nice centerman here.

He seems to me like the PERFECT 2-C on anyone's team, with perhaps filling in for the top C position if the need arises.

But the guy knows how to find linemates, is smart on the ice, and can handle the puck with the best of them.....and takes very, very few stupid penalties.

Also, very young at just 24 years old.

Wish there was some way he could end up with the Wild, but first off, the Wild are facing a bit of a cap crunch themselves, they have needs in goal and with some RFA's they have to address, PLUS, Colorado-Minnesota...division rivals....WON'T be looking to help each other out anytime soon.

Let's do Spurgeon to the Sharks for Goldobin + 2nd

Lucic to LA for 13th overall, Martin Jones, & Colin Miller 

That cementhead Lucic just may be enough to push the Kings towards the Finals once again.

You can bet with the tough, borderline style the Kings play, Lucic will be right at home on that team.

Perhaps an overpayment by the Kings, but fact is, Los Angeles is built at the moment, to win now and maybe for the next year or two.

As much as Lucic disgusts me, he can be quite a handful when he is on his game.

Throw in a Vezina quality goalie in Jonathan Quick, a more fluid, yet still capable defense than what was in Boston, and a still-fast forwards core (though sometimes offensively challenged), and LA may have the makings of a recipe to continue that trading Cups thing they have going with flippin Chicago!

As for Boston...LOL.

Yea, the Bruins may be in good shape in a few seasons, but I just want to see how fast the loud obnoxious sect of Bruins fans who jumped on when they won the Cup in 2011 quickly disappear.

An old Chara, Tuuka Rask who some Boston fans seem to be turning on a bit, no Lucic (oh my...who protects that rat faced Marchand NOW! ), no Dougie Hamilton.....hmm...maybe no David Krejci and/or Patrice Bergeron if this keeps up.....many of the pieces of the B's Stanley Cup winner slipping away......

Did I mention I LOVE seeing Boston like this?  :D

That's a nice haul for the Bruins IMO. But the Jones acquisition is interesting since they have Svedberg. Is he UFA or something and not coming back? I always saw Jones as a future starter....so maybe there's more moves coming? Busy day for the Bruins.

Svedberg left for the KHL. I thought it was opening a hole for the Bruins to play Malcom Subban as the backup this year, now with Rask and Jones, Subban can be brought along slowly.

Avs trade ROR to Buff-a-lo:

http://www.tsn.ca/avalanche-trade-o-reilly-to-sabres-1.318992

The Colorado Avalanche have traded centre Ryan O’Reilly and forward Jamie McGinn to the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for defenceman Nikita Zadorov, centre Mikhail Grigorenko, J.T. Compher and the 31st overall pick in the 2015 NHL Draft

Svedberg left for the KHL. I thought it was opening a hole for the Bruins to play Malcom Subban as the backup this year, now with Rask and Jones, Subban can be brought along slowly.

Ok thanks. It makes more sense now.

The Sabres for whatever it is worth are going to be much improved next year. The last two seasons their forwards have been the absolute bar none the worst in the game. That changes effective right now.

Assuming Eichel plays in the NHL this year, you have:

Eichel and Reinhart, two stud kid forwards.

O'Reilly and Kane are real NHL forwards, not stars but close.

McGinn joins Gionta as a gritty forward.

Moulson and Hodgson have to be better than last year.

Girgensens and Ennis are returning proven NHL forwards.

So their top nine and more are set. A glaring weakness is now a solid strength. Instantly the team is improved, 20-25 points better. I do not think they are playoff quality yet, the defense is still very ordinary at best, bordering on bad and Lehner is a joke. But the offense is no longer a weakness.

If there is any one stat that sticks out for Jones, it's his outrageous shut out to games played ratio. WOW.....are you kidding me...he has started 34 NHL regular season games and has a WHOPPING 7 shutouts in those 34 games. That is a shut out every 4.8 games he plays in. Obviously, no one can hold up that kind of wicked start to a career, but this is only shades of things to come. The kid is a LEGIT starter, and Svedberg would make the perfect back up for him....or maybe they split time...either way, it makes Rask look expendable....so the Bruins address any glaring weakness AND shed over 7 mill a year in salary. Very nice win for the Bruins here....very nice indeed.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=96659

@jammer2@yave1964@Podein25@JackStraw

My drinking night at Boston pizza with the guys went as follows.

Walked in before draft time to see a poor bastard wearing a Bruins Lucic hoodie with his head in his hands down by the bar. I LOLed loudly.

My friends came in one by one, and to each of them I pointed out the poor bastard while we laughed.

Columbus picked Werenski and I started drinking heavily. It was fishbowl friday so changed to Hard liquor.

Sharks picked Meier and the entire bar cheered. Nobody there a Sharks fan but me. But he is a moosehead, so I got some pats on the back in my Sharks Jersey lol.

I went for a Smoke. Came back in to hear Lucic Hoodie guy absolutely screaming at the TV's lol. Bruins had 3 picks in a row and each time, my friends and I went "Who?". We were SHOCKED that Barzal and Connor did not go until after the Bruins picks. The hoodie guy was almost in tears.

All and all, I have a HUGE hangover right now. My twin daughters just woke me up and I am in pain. Ugh.

The Sabres for whatever it is worth are going to be much improved next year. The last two seasons their forwards have been the absolute bar none the worst in the game. That changes effective right now.

Assuming Eichel plays in the NHL this year, you have:

Eichel and Reinhart, two stud kid forwards.

O'Reilly and Kane are real NHL forwards, not stars but close.

McGinn joins Gionta as a gritty forward.

Moulson and Hodgson have to be better than last year.

Girgensens and Ennis are returning proven NHL forwards.

So their top nine and more are set. A glaring weakness is now a solid strength. Instantly the team is improved, 20-25 points better. I do not think they are playoff quality yet, the defense is still very ordinary at best, bordering on bad and Lehner is a joke. But the offense is no longer a weakness.

Definitely agree.

At least SOME of the laughter at Buffalo can subside...some....  :ph34r:

All joking aside though, with as bad as they have been the last couple seasons, the only place they COULD go is up....

Watching Buffalo play the Lightning or Wild the last two seasons was an excercise in "Yawn"....that should change this upcoming season with Buf's new additions.

Obviously, Minnesota and Tampa Bay are young and up n coming themselves.....will be interesting to see how the new look Sabres stack up.

As for the Lightning......no picks in the 1st round.

They apparently felt there was no one player in particular they needed to have at that stage, traded away their late 1st rounder and opted instead to collect more picks in later rounds.

2 in the 2nd (Edmonton's + Boston's)

2 in the 3rd (Edmonton's + Florida's)

2 in the 4th (Their own + Anaheim's)

Their own 5th rounder

2 in the 6th (Their own + Arizona's)

Anaheim's pick in the 7th

While it's mildly disappointing the Bolts didn't select anyone in Round 1, I can see they seem to be shooting for adding depth players, stocking their system a bit more (some current farmhands are expecting to see NHL time), hit a 'home run' and find a gem or two in the later rounds (Ondrej Palat was a very late round pick, for example), or possibly all three.

With that many picks later on, those things are possible.

The Carolina Hurricanes faring pretty well during the draft.

Not only in getting Noah Hanifin, but upgrading from Anton Khudobin to Eddie Lack (I think Lack is a bit better than he showed in Vancouver), while also picking up solid defenseman, James Wisniewski from Anaheim.

Someone had mentioned the Canes 'quietly going about their business', and I believe that to be very true.

Many had ridiculed the Canes over the last couple seasons, but I am probably one of the few on this site that actually watched many Canes games over that stretch, and while the team certainly has holes, they really aren't as bad as their record has shown.

Canes have been in many games, lost some close ones, and always seem to be a couple players away from really being on their way to being CONSISTENTLY competitive....maybe they become that this season.

Playoffs for them? Hmm...might still be a stretch....but they should NO longer be viewed as a 'gimme' on the schedule, because truthfully, the last two seasons, despite their record, they never were.

Nice solid group of defenders....now just need consistency from the offense, and a solid presence in goal.

Todays deals o far......

Rangers to keep under the cap donated Hagelin to the Ducks for Etem and a second rounder......

Rangers also traded Talbot to the Oilers for a second, a third and a seventh. Makes the Sabres look really foolish for the payout for Lehner, one of the only bad moves the Sabres have made the last few days....

The Stars traded a 7th for Niemi giving them Lehtonen and Niemi to play Russian roulette with.

The Canes acquired Lack from the Canucks for a third and then gave up on Khubodin to the Ducks for James Wisniewski.

In another salary dump the Senators traded Gryba to the Oilers....

Kyle Palmieri was given by the Ducks to the Devils where he will be the only forward under fifty years old.....

That is about it so far. The big one is Talbot to the Oilers. He was never much of a prospect, already in his late twenties, he came on late in life in front of the brilliant Ranger Defense. Gonna be interesting to see what he does with the arson squad in Edmonton.....

Hagelin is to put it mildly a surprise. It may be in an attempt to keep MSL, to free up money to sign him.

Archived