Read on the top line

Guest brelic

@delcofan it's all good man, you have a little man crush on Jakob that's alright but don't tell me this guy is willing to get dirty along the boards and in front of the net..

every time I'm watching him hes avoiding contact at all costs..

That's cause he has some weird lingering problem with his foot. Can't find the right skate to keep it from moving around while he skates.

...don't tell me this guy is willing to get dirty along the boards and in front of the net.

There is no evidence that Voracek really likes the physical play like that, I agree. He is too peripheral, in particular. However, he is young and has a competitive streak in him (I think he does at least).

He appears to have a large asss on him, which he uses well to protect the puck (like Hossa, kind of, but Hossa has more grit and more experience). Anyway, this makes him an effective guy down low and on the cycle and it allows him to buy time, which for a playmaker like him is critical. I for one, am happy with his overall play.

Sorry for the length, I know you prefer short sentences or grunts.

There is no evidence that Voracek really likes the physical play like that, I agree. He is too peripheral, in particular. However, he is young and has a competitive streak in him (I think he does at least).

He appears to have a large asss on him, which he uses well to protect the puck (like Hossa, kind of, but Hossa has more grit and more experience). Anyway, this makes him an effective guy down low and on the cycle and it allows him to buy time, which for a playmaker like him is critical. I for one, am happy with his overall play.

Sorry for the length, I know you prefer short sentences or grunts.

Grunting is my native language.. but yeah if the kid can score some points then I guess I'll have to let him slide..

Schenn is starting to win me over and I'm still not convinced about Voracek

really? you're good with Schenn already? And Voracek is frustrating you? I'm not saying Schenn's a bum but he only just got back from another injury and has had 2 nice games so far. Voracek may be avoiding contact but he's already doing a great job setting up players. There have been many a game where i say out loud "NICE SETUP" in response to some of his passes.

really? you're good with Schenn already? And Voracek is frustrating you? I'm not saying Schenn's a bum but he only just got back from another injury and has had 2 nice games so far. Voracek may be avoiding contact but he's already doing a great job setting up players. There have been many a game where i say out loud "NICE SETUP" in response to some of his passes.

Alright maybe I'll give Jake a little more time, Schenn has played in about 10 games so far and although he hasn't been scoring his been throwing his weight around and getting dirty..

Alright maybe I'll give Jake a little more time, Schenn has played in about 10 games so far and although he hasn't been scoring his been throwing his weight around and getting dirty..

Schenn has been playing very physical which is really nice to see, though I have to admit the fact that he is returning from concussion is a little worrisome. Just hope he doesn't knock himself out again before he gets a chance to show his stuff. Now that he go this first goal out of the way, I'm looking forward to seeing him really break it open. If and when that happens, hopefully he'll continue with the grit. JVR.... I'm looking at you

I'm not a huge fan of soft players myself either and I wish Voracek played a little grittier, heck there's a lot of guy on the team I wish would play a little grittier, but in all honesty, I was nervous about this guy coming in and I've been nothing but pleasantly surprised by his offensive contribution.

Schenn has been playing very physical which is really nice to see, though I have to admit the fact that he is returning from concussion is a little worrisome. Just hope he doesn't knock himself out again before he gets a chance to show his stuff. Now that he go this first goal out of the way, I'm looking forward to seeing him really break it open. If and when that happens, hopefully he'll continue with the grit. JVR.... I'm looking at you

I'm not a huge fan of soft players myself either and I wish Voracek played a little grittier, heck there's a lot of guy on the team I wish would play a little grittier, but in all honesty, I was nervous about this guy coming in and I've been nothing but pleasantly surprised by his offensive contribution.

speaking of JVR, did I read on here he has hip issues is why he's struggling this season?

speaking of JVR, did I read on here he has hip issues is why he's struggling this season?

great question. I read that somewhere once as well, but if he's hurt then why do they continue to play him? To me, playing would only make things worse no? I'd like to think it's the hip but I fear that it's actually desire. I've speculated elsewhere that in seasons past he's learned that it's ok to limp into the playoffs as long as you make it there and can worry about turning it up then. I hope it's the hip and not his desire but I'm not sure

well, crap. just added JVR to my FHL team thinking he'd get first line minutes. :(

That right there should tell you all you should have known. Jvr has been playing so poorly, no one wants him even in fake life.

Read has earned it, hope he gets another scoring streak going!