Bieksa traded to Ducks for 2nd

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/kevin-bieksa-traded-to-anaheim-in-pacific-division-stunner-222805620.html

BWAHAHAHAHAA

Beauchemin wanted 5 million apparently?

But wow. I was wiping the sweat off my forehead thanking the good forces when I heard the deal to the sharks fell apart.

Now he can suck for the ducks!

Oh Bieksa is not a bad player, and with the three superstar in waiting kids on the back end, his role will be more akin to his talent. The problem in Vancouver is he was forced to play tougher minutes in tougher situations than his talent called for, kind of like Phaneuf in Toronto.

I think Anaheim is the perfect fit. Vatanen, Fowler and my favorite Lindholm he should fit right in. Beauchimin wants too much for his age, I would rather go the route that the Ducks did.

Oh Bieksa is not a bad player, and with the three superstar in waiting kids on the back end, his role will be more akin to his talent. The problem in Vancouver is he was forced to play tougher minutes in tougher situations than his talent called for, kind of like Phaneuf in Toronto.

I think Anaheim is the perfect fit. Vatanen, Fowler and my favorite Lindholm he should fit right in. Beauchimin wants too much for his age, I would rather go the route that the Ducks did.

3 years ago he was.

in home games He played sheltered bottom pairing with Sbisa and Stanton much of this season with some PK time and a bit of mid pairing time. In away games, coaches licked their chops trying to get certain players on the ice with Bieksa

At no point was he used as top pairing. Tanev and Edler had that honor, while Hamhuis and Weber played more.

The kings were apparently also in trying to get him, but it should tell us what the canucks think of him that they were trying to trade him to 3 division rivals and finally got one.

I've always liked Bieska. Very tough, very smart...a solid vet who gives you a nice solid effort night in and night out. Underrated offense, he has a cannon of a slap shot. He will fit in perfectly with the Ducks. He is getting up there in age, and is injury prone, but I always wanted this guy to be a Flyer. He had a REAL nice scrap with a Flyer, think it was last year or the year before. VERY tough customer. I have a lot of respect for Kevin....one of the good guys....a guy you HATE to play against, but would love to have on your team, which is a nice compliment in hockey.

Archived