No Love Lost Between Karmanos and Rutherford

ScottM

Carolina Hurricanes owner Peter Karmanos has ripped into current Penguins (and former Hurricanes) GM Jim Rutherford. Apparently, he just loves the Kessel trade. :ph34r:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/02/shots-fired-canes-owner-karmanos-rips-into-jim-rutherford/

If Kessel is as bad a Semin, I think the entire NHL will be shocked. I'm no Rutherford fan, but he did well on this one.

If Kessel is as bad a Semin, I think the entire NHL will be shocked. I'm no Rutherford fan, but he did well on this one.

I'm no Kessel fan, but I don't think he'll be anywhere near that bad. I just pointed out that particular statement because it really shows the vitriol in Karmanos's comments.

I'm no Kessel fan, but I don't think he'll be anywhere near that bad. I just pointed out that particular statement because it really shows the vitriol in Karmanos's comments.

Yeah, I don't know what to do with that.  I don't know why an owner has to go after a previous employee like that.  Especially a long-term employee who got you a Cup.

I'm not at all a Rutherford fan.  But that is kind of of cheap.

If Kessel is going to do well somewhere, it is Pittsburgh.   And they did it without giving up their prized defensive prospects and got Toronto to eat Oreos...er...salary.   I'm not a fan of Kessel, but I think this is a pretty good deal for both teams but probably could/should have been better for Toronto.  Rutherford did well here. 

It might bite Pittsburgh toward the end of the contract, but they're obviously concentrating on next 2-3 years.  Worry about down the road when it's in your headlights.

Archived