Pre sale ticket information

off_the_post

I see that the lightning are having their pre season ticket sale coming in a few days.  I am trying to figure out how to get access to this so I can buy some tickets when my family and I will be in town late in October.  I've tried to create a lightning account or whatever it is called but I only see places to log in but not create.  Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

I see that the lightning are having their pre season ticket sale coming in a few days.  I am trying to figure out how to get access to this so I can buy some tickets when my family and I will be in town late in October.  I've tried to create a lightning account or whatever it is called but I only see places to log in but not create.  Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

When you say 'buy tickets' and 'create an account', are you talking through the Lightning website, or an outlet like Ticketmaster or Stub Hub?

If you are talking the Bolts website (www.tampabaylightning.com ...which redirects to lightning.nhl.com ), then I DO see an area in the upper right where there is both a create account and a sign in button.

When I hit create account, it then takes me to the usual email/username/password creation screen.

If I am not mistaken, if you have an NHL.COM account, it should give you access to all 30 team website pages.

I am not 100 percent on that. I used to have an NHL account and I seem to recall that, but I never tried using it for the purposes of getting tickets for any particular team.

If an NHL.com account doesn't work directly, then just create a Lightning website one directly.

Once on the Bolts main page, there is a tab for tickets, hit that, and then you have options to go to either season ticket packages, partial season, and single game on sub tabs.

There should be a "view offers" button after every one.

Hope that helps.

@off_the_post

Hmmm....you know, I tried logging onto that My Bolts Nation account for the tickets using my nhl.com / lightning account, and it doesn't recognize it.

Apparently, the My Bolts Nation account (for the tickets I would assume) is separate from the general website account...and you are right, I do NOT see anywhere to create an account, only log in.....

I will investigate....

After some quick diggin...

It appears that in order to log in directly through the MY Bolts Nation section, you must already be a Lightning season ticket holder.

I am no longer one, but I attempted to 'get tickets' as an outsider now living in Minneapolis, and it seems you CAN do so, but must have a ticketmaster account......looks like the Bolts ticket purchases even through their website is "powered by ticketmaster".

And when I attempt to click a game I want ( picked a pre season game between the Flyers and Lightning for instance), it kicks me back to the ticketmaster page...which obviously means, you HAVE to have a ticket master account to gain access to that.

And the pre-sale is not active for another 7 days yet.

Helpful?

Any Q's on what I posted, let me know.

They allow people not from within 20 miles of Tampa to buy tickets!?!?!?!

:ph34r:

Sure....

As long as you pledge allegiance to the Bolts...

Of the United State of Florida...

And to the franchise for which it stands...

One team, under Yzerman...

Playoff bound, with excitement, and goal scoring for all....

:rolleyes:

Thanks TFG26.  I have both a NHL and ticket master account.  I was trying to get into the presale as early as possible as I was just able to do very easily for the Florida Panthers to grab some tickets when the Flyers are there.  However, according to ticket master, the best I can do in the presale order of things seems to be registering with the link below.  At least this gives me a 2 day jump the general public. Better than nothing.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=106827

Archived