Canada vs Finland (Bronze medal game)

Guest jammer2

The only thing worse than playing in the Bronze medal game is losing the Bronze medal game...lol. That quote from Scott Fisher of the Toronto Sun toady. Kinda sums it up for me. No problem with the players selected, no problem with the coaching....just some horrible bad luck at inopportune times. Not taking anything away from Russia, but in a single game elimination, no matter how good you are, you are susceptible to bad bounces and wild momentum shifts. That's what makes this 10 year streak in the Gold Medal game so crazy...odds say, inevitably, you will get got...lol. The fact they have been able to avoid that for an entire decade is nothing short of remarkable.

Tons of future stars on this Team Canada. Very proud of how they went out of the semis, they were tired, injured, sore and still mounted one of the most impressive comebacks of all time. Just a Strome goalpost short with one minute left to play. That's what Canadian hockey is all about! Never say die....never quit.

I care so much @jammer2 that I've decided to go to the Theater tonite to see a play! I know, pretty shocking.

For me, it's Gold or nothing. I hope that the boys don't share that view, but seeing as how millions of Canadians do, some of them likely also do. So, I'm prepared for a loss tonite, especially since we beat the Finns in game 1 and their goalie has been sensational....

Hope the boys show up, this may be a lot more important to the Finns. Have tickets to Colts/London Saturday and was hoping to see some gold. Remember when Downie played in Barrie his first game back from WJs and got a standing "O". Still feel bad for Murray, but he'll get over it.

Edited by flyercanuck