Top Defensive Players by Defensive Errors - Leafs Leaders - 2015-2016

WordsOfWisdom

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

Ah, but you're forgetting about the Oilers. They're the real pro's here....:cry:

Good work on the all the goals, WOW. I think the boys were a tad overmatched though.....

Yeah I was up late trying to review the video and it was taking forever. So many power play goals and penalties to untangle. I went back and wrote an approximate description on the goals. Anyone that watches the clips can see why I assigned the DEs as I did. :)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

So, I dont exactly know the premise of this thread. However I can surmise that with the absence of Phaneuf, The Toronto Maple Leafs defense must have taken an astronomical decline in effectiveness.

With how he's played in Ottawa this season, im completely serious.

;)

LOL. I never really gave my final thoughts on Phaneuf, but he wasn't that good defensively. He chipped in some points, but he was a pylon on the ice. That being said, the replacements are worse. Assuming Polak gets traded before the deadline, this team will have SIX AHL calibre D-men. Rielly can get points but he can't defend. Hunwick is a pylon. Gardiner is sort of "meh". It's pretty bleak right now.  :(

16 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

Only to get something shittier in return.... a fine example of the perpetual cycle of incompetence.

I'm contemplated following a different team next year, as far as tracking defensive errors goes. It would be nice to track the results on a team that has big name star players. :)

Feb.23: TOR vs NSH

1. Holland, Marincin, Froese
  2. Reimer
  3. Arcobello, Reimer, Corrado

Final score: 3-2 NSH.

1: Penalty by Holland. Terrible D by Marincin and Froese to give up a break-away here.

2: Give-away by Reimer.

3: Bad rebound by Reimer on a bad angle shot. Arcobello and Corrado lose their guys in front of the net.

Feb.25: TOR vs CAR

1. Clune, Bernier

Final score: 3-1 TOR.

1: Clune for not blocking that long shot. Bernier for not stopping it.

A disastrous win for Toronto means that the Oilers are now merely days away from claiming the Golden Dookie award.  :BrownBag:

Hang in there @WordsOfWisdom. I have already accepted that since we are the Leafs, we will not get a lottery pick, make a great trade or find a hidden gem in the AHL. We are going to have to rebuild the old-fashioned way. Through hard work and by staying the course, from the bottom up. Not by luck. Sucks to be us....:hocky:

:lol:

49 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

Hang in there @WordsOfWisdom. I have already accepted that since we are the Leafs, we will not get a lottery pick, make a great trade or find a hidden gem in the AHL. We are going to have to rebuild the old-fashioned way. Through hard work and by staying the course, from the bottom up. Not by luck. Sucks to be us....:hocky:

:lol:

You mean wait until the NHL gets rid of the salary cap and then buy a bunch of big name free agents well past their prime?  :hocky:

Feb.27: TOR vs MTL

1. Greening, Rielly
  2. Arcobello
  3. Rielly
  4. Marincin, Bernier

Final score: 4-1 MTL.

1: Lost coverage by Greening + Rielly needs to clear the front of the net here.

2: Turnover and missed coverage by Arcobello.

3: Lost coverage by Rielly on the one-timer.

4: Lost coverage by Marincin + Bernier misses the puck rebound off the boards.

Four tasty goals and a sweet "L". There's still an outside chance to catch Edmonton...  

Feb.29: TOR vs TB

1. Komarov
  2. Sparks

Final score: 2-1 TB.

1: A poor poke check by Komarov causes a 3-on-2 rush for the first goal.

2: Sparks lets in a bad angle goal on the second.

Another tasty defeat. Still an outside chance at winning the golden dookie award.   :56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys:

An entertaining game though, we were in it all the way. Not bad all things considered. Actual wins are going to be tough to find though, so I think you're right, we got a shot! :thumbsu:

Go Oilers!!!! :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

An entertaining game though, we were in it all the way. Not bad all things considered. Actual wins are going to be tough to find though, so I think you're right, we got a shot! :thumbsu:

Go Oilers!!!! :ph34r:

This is the part of the season where the "Let's go Blue Jays!" chants start. I haven't noticed fans cheering for goals allowed yet though. That will be interesting to see if Leafs fans start cheering for the tank at the live games. :)

Here are the month end stats for the Leafs:

de.png.eb9b9d1032fd492fbca04ff8a959e7c1.

Key points of interest:

• The emergence of Jake Gardiner, who has quietly become the Leafs best defenceman -- better than Rielly.
  • Kadri's greatly improved defensive play, along with his +21 rating.
  • Hunwick's team leading 25 errors and whopping -16 rating.
  • Matthias and Spaling being addition by subtraction. Leafs are a better team without them.
  • Given the injuries to JVR and Glass Jo, they will probably finish at the top of this list.   

Mar.2: TOR vs WSH

1. Marincin
  2. Kadri, Hunwick
  3. Soshnikov

Final score: 3-2 WSH.

1: Give-away by Marincin.

2: Turnover by Kadri and Hunwick caught way out of position.

3: Penalty by Soshnikov results in a PP goal. 

This may be it folks!!!!! I've gotta check the standings. We might be eliminated!  :goodjob:

Archived