Robin Lehner Down

TropicalFruitGirl26

Well the plan is now to give Johnson the chance to prove himself.  If he fails, the Sabres will request a trade.  No doubt will offer up some draft picks if the guy is good enough.  I would have no problem giving Backstrom a shot.  New place, and a team that is building and on the rise, it would give him some jump in his step for sure.

Oh, my................ I think I just saw a pig buzz by with a jetpack on!

I agree with ya, HJ.... hahahaha...

All joking aside, yep, I read that too, where Chad Johnson will be given every opportunity to 'run with it', so to speak.

Still not sure how he will hold up over the long haul, but he will definitely be getting his chance.

If he falters, then yea, I can see the Sabres looking outside the organization...... unless they wanna give Linus Van Pelt from the minors a shot! ;)

char_69253.jpg

Yes, yes, I KNOW it's Linus ULLMARK...just roll with it, ppl...

As for Backstrom, you know, he STILL may not want to waive his NTC to go to Buffalo, but the more I think about it, the more I am thinking I agree with those who say it may not be so crazy after all.

Backs is 37 and basically, unless Dubnyk and Kuemper go on a crack binge, he ISN'T going to see playtime with the Wild.

Sad too, because Backstrom had been a solid, loyal soldier all these years for Minnesota.

But if he wants to play, Buffalo may offer that with a young, potentially dynamic team in front of him.

And with the Buffalo defense, he certainly WON'T be twiddling his thumbs waiting for some action during a game!

Well the plan is now to give Johnson the chance to prove himself. If he fails, the Sabres will request a trade. No doubt will offer up some draft picks if the guy is good enough. I would have no problem giving Backstrom a shot. New place, and a team that is building and on the rise, it would give him some jump in his step for sure.

The Sabres should be on the phone with Boston for Rask. He's actually better off in Buffalo and the Bruins are about to have a fire sale.

If Johnson falters, the best thing the Sabres could do is put a scarecrow in net. One more top 2 pick.....I mean, if they could somehow swindle Austin Matthews....NOW you're talking a championship nucleolus. All a respectable goalie would do is put them in Leaf territory, out of the top 5-7 star range in the draft....but out of the playoffs. If you are gonna stink...do it right.

Maybe this is why they got Lehner...LOL, to secure a great draft pick....LMAO!

Archived