Bernier vs Reimer: The Debate Renewed

WordsOfWisdom

53 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Stalock + Bernier must be the worst duo in the league. We were just talking a few days back on how bad Stalock was lol

I know. I remember. :cry:

Obviously Reimer was the only tradeable goalie asset the Leafs had, but why trade him at all is my question? He's still young, and he is rapidly developing into a true #1. For him to post the stats he has on a 30th place team like the Leafs is remarkable. His entire career has been spent on a terrible team, and his career numbers are respectable. 

Given how difficult it is to find someone reliable, why on earth would they give up on him now? Of the three guys the Leafs have, only Sparks has a chance at any kind of future in this league. In order to trade Reimer, the Leafs needed at least a 2nd round draft pick in return. Instead, they got nothing. Terrible deal by Toronto and a complete steal by the Sharks. 

Reimer is at least a competent and experienced backup, and he may challenge for the #1 job in San Jose.  

7 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I know. I remember. :cry:

Obviously Reimer was the only tradeable goalie asset the Leafs had, but why trade him at all is my question? He's still young, and he is rapidly developing into a true #1. For him to post the stats he has on a 30th place team like the Leafs is remarkable. His entire career has been spent on a terrible team, and his career numbers are respectable. 

Given how difficult it is to find someone reliable, why on earth would they give up on him now? Of the three guys the Leafs have, only Sparks has a chance at any kind of future in this league. In order to trade Reimer, the Leafs needed at least a 2nd round draft pick in return. Instead, they got nothing. Terrible deal by Toronto and a complete steal by the Sharks. 

Reimer is at least a competent and experienced backup, and he may challenge for the #1 job in San Jose.  

Not so. it was part of the first trade. Just delayed to drive up market prices of Dmen. Kinda worked since the Kings Lombardi commented the other day prices for Yandle and Hamhuis have gotten too steep, so he traded for Scuderi.

10 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Not so. it was part of the first trade. Just delayed to drive up market prices of Dmen. Kinda worked since the Kings Lombardi commented the other day prices for Yandle and Hamhuis have gotten too steep, so he traded for Scuderi.

Sneaky like a ninja!  :ph34r:

Man, we are getting awful thin, aren't we? Finishing out the season with Bernier as our starter?? Gives me the willies.....:lol:

Oh well, most of the players on this team are just place holders anyway. Bring on the hockey!!! :PopcornSmiley2:

On 2016-02-28 at 8:59 AM, BluPuk said:

Man, we are getting awful thin, aren't we? Finishing out the season with Bernier as our starter?? Gives me the willies.....:lol:

Oh well, most of the players on this team are just place jolders anyway. Bring on the hockey!!! :PopcornSmiley2:

n7TyooZtZn3Ko.gif

On 28/02/2016 at 7:59 AM, BluPuk said:

Man, we are getting awful thin, aren't we? Finishing out the season with Bernier Sparks as our starter?? Gives me the willies.....:lol:

Oh well, most of the players on this team are just place holders anyway. Bring on the hockey!!! :PopcornSmiley2:

Fixed it for ya!  :hocky:

I thought Sparks looked pretty good last night, but then again, he did score one on himself... hmmmm. :ermm:

As you can see by my change in avatar, I've decided to go full incognito for the rest of the season. :hocky:

2 hours ago, BluPuk said:

As you can see by my change in avatar, I've decided to go full incognito for the rest of the season. :hocky:

I noticed someone else has that same avatar, but yeah, full incognito mode is about right.  :BrownBag:  

Archived