Hockey Newbie

jonP

Hey, so, i'm going to brooklyn from april 1st to 11th and i want to go to my first NHL match.

I really don't know much about the league, i'm really casual at this sport, just watched international games at the olympics or played NHL 97 many years ago :D

Could you guys recommend me one of the next matches to attend?

Madison square garden.

New York Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabrers

New York Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
New York Rangers vs. New York Islanders
New York Rangers vs. Detroit Red Wings

Barclays Center

New York Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
New York Islanders vs. Buffalo Sabres

Btw, sorry about my English :/

Welcome.

I think it depends on which teams you enjoy watching.  If you are from NYC and haven't made a choice to be a fan of the NY Rangers or NY Islanders then I'd probably choose the game of the two teams against each other.  Other than that I think every game you suggested would be a great experience to attend.

Attending hockey games is a great experience -- so enjoy which ever you choose.

Welcome aboard, @jonP

I agree with HF101.....ANY hockey game is a good game to be at live.

EVEN the Buffalo Sabres.... :biggrin:

All joking aside, any and all of those matchups offer some intrigue...Rangers vs Red Wings, Isles vs Penguins, you have solid divisional and conference rivalries there.

Isles or Rangers against the Lightning are matchups of lots of skill.....Rangers vs Lightning of course, would be the Easter Finals rematch.

And the Sabres are an up n coming bunch...always interesting to see how they fair against more established contenders like the Rangers or Islanders. Also, don't be surprised if West New York fans make their way down to the City to root on their Sabres.

Rangers vs Islanders? The fan frezny usually is off the charts, as no matter which arena (Manhattan or Brooklyn) you are at, there will be throngs of fans from both sides.

Just pick a game or two that best fits your schedule on whatever else you plan on doing and go from there.

If you are really interested in hockey, you really can't go wrong with any of those matchups.

Welcome jon P, you can't go wrong with any of those match up, tons of young stars on all those teams. If I was to cheat towards one, I'd say the Sabres game, just so you can say you say Eichel in his rookie year, which might not be a big deal now, but will be in the coming years.

Archived