Hollywood Vinny!

TropicalFruitGirl26

Well, now that the Kings are done, I wonder what will become of VLC.

I know he said he would retire after this season, but technically, he still has two years left on his contract, at a mere $2.25 M per.

He showed down the stretch and even a bit in the playoffs, that he still has hockey left in him, albeit of the bottom six variety, and that with a solid defensive minded team, such as LA, he can still thrive.

I know the Kings are at or near the cap ceiling, and this early exit may prompt them to retool their roster, so they may decide not to hang on to VLC's contract.

Not sure what kind of agreement, other than verbal, was in place for Vinnie's retirement, but I think that if some other similarly defensive minded team wanted to (and if VLC really would lke to keep playing), I think the Kings could get a taker for him.

Frustration abounded for VLC, the team, and the fans over in Philadelphia, but as has been stated numerous times, he simply was not a fit over there, and that signing should not have taken place to begin with.

Similarly, if VLC does get moved away from the Kings and ends up someplace where there is a rebuild going on, or the defense isn't quite up to snuff, then he will, like he did in Philly, get exposed yet again.

No...if VLC wants to keep playing (and being effective), he either needs to stay in LA, or end up on a team that is already a solid contender with a decent to good defense, and can use his contributions from a 3rd or 4th line standpoint.

IMO, teams that would fit that bill out West would be Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis, hell maybe even an outside shot that a team like the Wild or Jets could use him...though the Wild really need a true 1C more, and the Jets need top six scoring overall primarily, over a bottom six C.

In the East, I believe he could fit into places such as Washington, New York (both NY teams actually), maybe Pittsburgh or Florida.

Of course, all this may be moot if Vinnie simply calls it a career.

I hope he doesn't, but if he does, what a career it was, no matter how some people regarded him as it came to a close.

On 4/23/2016 at 2:04 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, now that the Kings are done, I wonder what will become of VLC.

I know he said he would retire after this season, but technically, he still has two years left on his contract, at a mere $2.25 M per.

He showed down the stretch and even a bit in the playoffs, that he still has hockey left in him, albeit of the bottom six variety, and that with a solid defensive minded team, such as LA, he can still thrive.

I know the Kings are at or near the cap ceiling, and this early exit may prompt them to retool their roster, so they may decide not to hang on to VLC's contract.

Not sure what kind of agreement, other than verbal, was in place for Vinnie's retirement, but I think that if some other similarly defensive minded team wanted to (and if VLC really would lke to keep playing), I think the Kings could get a taker for him.

Frustration abounded for VLC, the team, and the fans over in Philadelphia, but as has been stated numerous times, he simply was not a fit over there, and that signing should not have taken place to begin with.

Similarly, if VLC does get moved away from the Kings and ends up someplace where there is a rebuild going on, or the defense isn't quite up to snuff, then he will, like he did in Philly, get exposed yet again.

No...if VLC wants to keep playing (and being effective), he either needs to stay in LA, or end up on a team that is already a solid contender with a decent to good defense, and can use his contributions from a 3rd or 4th line standpoint.

IMO, teams that would fit that bill out West would be Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis, hell maybe even an outside shot that a team like the Wild or Jets could use him...though the Wild really need a true 1C more, and the Jets need top six scoring overall primarily, over a bottom six C.

In the East, I believe he could fit into places such as Washington, New York (both NY teams actually), maybe Pittsburgh or Florida.

Of course, all this may be moot if Vinnie simply calls it a career.

I hope he doesn't, but if he does, what a career it was, no matter how some people regarded him as it came to a close.

I don't have an issue with Vinny's performance in the playoffs. He's at the end of the road career-wise, and he played OK.  The bigger problem for them is they wasted a contract on that big stiff Lucic, who did absolutely nothing, especially when it mattered most.

Archived