First vs. worst

BluPuk

Leafs @ Capitals 2 nite.....should be a push-over for us. I'm not watching though, I'll be down in the basement sharpening up my golf sticks.;)

I considered posting a poll for over/under in goals but I decided no one really cares !!!!  :P

Actually, @BluPuk , while I am not going on record saying the Leafs are gonna win this one, I WILL say that since the slew of trades that basically cleaned house, these young players are playing with much more energy than the vets who were shown the door.

Granted, Toronto still doesn't have a winning formula there yet, and of course, the Caps are the current Beast in the East, but still....watching these new Leafs play against the Bolts the other night, I gotta say, the desire to play and compete is definitely there. Even Garrett Sparks looked like a guy who has been in the league for a while in that game.

Sure, only one game, but if the attitude shown by the new guys is for real, then ANY team who thinks they can take a night off when they play them will be in for a rude awakening...including the Capitals.

Heh..now, I realize this sort of thing goes against Operation Tank, but if I were a Leafs fan, I would think having guys on the team who actually play like they care to win would be a refreshing change. After all, it doesn't matter if you get the number one draft pick if you don't have a winning culture to put those high draft picks in, right? :ahappy:

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Heh..now, I realize this sort of thing goes against Operation Tank,

REPORTED!!! :ph34r:

There was something like seven Leafs that made their NHL debut last game against Tampa. My spreadsheet is huge now.   :)

1 minute ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

REPORTED!!! :ph34r:

There was something like seven Leafs that made their NHL debut last game against Tampa. My spreadsheet is huge now.   :)

NO bragging!!

Anyways, yea, between the call ups and the guys traded over (such as Laich), I would imagine guys needed to wear "Hello my name is...." red tags on their shirts before they put on uni's so everyone knew who everyone else was!

But I am serious....I saw the Bolts take a couple shifts off when it looked like they were in firm control ( a big no-no against ANY team really....and they need to cut that crap out if they intend to not only hold their playoff spot, but advance in the post season), and BAM, the Leafs made pushes as if first place in the division were on the line for them.

Kinda, sorta reminds me of how the Florida Panthers looked a few years ago.....losing a bunch of games, but the compete level was there...then they added the right vet pieces, had their young players mature, and look at them now, front runners in the Atlantic.

And teams usually paid with an "L" for taking them lightly on any given night.

5 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

NO bragging!!

:P

5 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Kinda, sorta reminds me of how the Florida Panthers looked a few years ago.....losing a bunch of games, but the compete level was there...then they added the right vet pieces, had their young players mature, and look at them now, front runners in the Atlantic.

And teams usually paid with an "L" for taking them lightly on any given night.

The one good thing about parity in the NHL is that the Leafs are 5-6 players away from winning a Stanley Cup. It sounds hilarious to say, but it's true. The Leafs need to draft their version of Toews/Crosby/McDavid, add their Keith/Suter/Karlsson, acquire their Lundqvist/Price and plug in a winger. That's it. Easier said than done of course, but not nearly as difficult as the Leafs have made it out to be. :)

2 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

:P

The one good thing about parity in the NHL is that the Leafs are 5-6 players away from winning a Stanley Cup. It sounds hilarious to say, but it's true. The Leafs need to draft their version of Toews/Crosby/McDavid, add their Keith/Suter/Karlsson, acquire their Lundqvist/Price and plug in a winger. That's it. Easier said than done of course, but not nearly as difficult as the Leafs have made it out to be. :)

Look at the bright side...you aren't the Vancouver Canucks.... :lol:

The boys played well last night, but we always play well against a team we have no chance to beat. The problem starts when we play teams like Carolina who are only a player or two away from us.

I thought our "future superstar" (Nylander) was mostly invisible. If he plays like that next year, he'll make a good third line winger and excellent trade bait. Just my opinion maybe.

Hyman looks like he might be a keeper. 

I think they should play Sparks every game. I like what I see there. :)

Archived