Laviolette has Predators peaking at right time

yave1964

Did you know that the Predators just had a 14 games point streak?Pekka Rinne Nashville Predators v Colorado Avalanche

Me either. It simply fell under the radar that the Preds are becoming a very dangerous team to play a the right time.

From Febraury 12th til March 12th when they lost in regulation to the Canucks 4-2, the Preds went an entire month going 9-0-5 and more or less wrapping up a playoff spot.

The team is nigh on invisible when it comes to publicity, but they are rounding in to form licely at the right time. Goalie Pekka rinne seems to have shrugged off whatever injury he was playing through, during the recent streak he had 3 shutouts, blanking the Panthers, Blues and Bruins, all solid teams who are well on their way to the playoffs. Rinne playing like his old self does not bode well for whoever they match up with.

The trade for Ryan Johansen is paying very nice dividends as well, he is playing on the top line with a revitalized Filip Forsberg who is killing it lately, and the second line of Mike Ribiero, Craig smith-2.jpgSmith and James Neal has been possibly the best second line in the game in the second half.

Defenseman Shea Weber who regularly leads the offensively challenged Preds in scoring or comes close is not going to even finish number one at his own position as Roman Josi has developed into a force of his own. Ekholm and Ellis are also solid puck moving oppurtunistic blueliners who give the Preds a dangerous team where all five players often join the rush but are fast enough to transition back on defense when necessary.

Do not over look this club, they are well built and peaking at the right time. In the rugged West they could be an early out but they wont go easy and may just surprise.

7 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Did you know that the Predators just had a 14 games point streak?Pekka Rinne Nashville Predators v Colorado Avalanche

Me either. It simply fell under the radar that the Preds are becoming a very dangerous team to play a the right time.

From Febraury 12th til March 12th when they lost in regulation to the Canucks 4-2, the Preds went an entire month going 9-0-5 and more or less wrapping up a playoff spot.

The team is nigh on invisible when it comes to publicity, but they are rounding in to form licely at the right time. Goalie Pekka rinne seems to have shrugged off whatever injury he was playing through, during the recent streak he had 3 shutouts, blanking the Panthers, Blues and Bruins, all solid teams who are well on their way to the playoffs. Rinne playing like his old self does not bode well for whoever they match up with.

The trade for Ryan Johansen is paying very nice dividends as well, he is playing on the top line with a revitalized Filip Forsberg who is killing it lately, and the second line of Mike Ribiero, Craig smith-2.jpgSmith and James Neal has been possibly the best second line in the game in the second half.

Defenseman Shea Weber who regularly leads the offensively challenged Preds in scoring or comes close is not going to even finish number one at his own position as Roman Josi has developed into a force of his own. Ekholm and Ellis are also solid puck moving oppurtunistic blueliners who give the Preds a dangerous team where all five players often join the rush but are fast enough to transition back on defense when necessary.

Do not over look this club, they are well built and peaking at the right time. In the rugged West they could be an early out but they wont go easy and may just surprise.

Not sold on this club....especially with Pekka Rinne in net. He just doesn't rise to the occasion i think come playoff time...to me he is more hit and miss so once again if they do make the dance i see another 1st round exit. Like last year i see them going 2-4 and out.

Prove me wrong Pekka!!!

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sold on this club....especially with Pekka Rinne in net. He just doesn't rise to the occasion i think come playoff time...to me he is more hit and miss so once again if they do make the dance i see another 1st round exit. Like last year i see them going 2-4 and out.

Prove me wrong Pekka!!!

They have always been a one trick pony, ride Rinne hard and pray that someone figures out how to get the puck into the back of the net, but they have been redefined. 2 probable 30 goal scorers, Johansen, and the best puck moving blue line in the game. Rinne no longer has to stand on his head for them to win.

I still think the odds are long come playoff time in the rugged West but they are better than they have been in forever.

And I just wanted to point out the 14 game unbeaten streak. I watch NHL network almost every morning to get caught up and it may have gotten a casual mention here or there but that is about it. The team gets zero respect or pub.

As a seven seed, they seem destined to draw either the Kings or the Stars, more likely Dallas. Dallas has been in freefall mode of late, nobody can stop a puck in big D so Nashville could give them a fit if they match up.

22 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

2 probable 30 goal scorers, Johansen

Well certainly better than they maybe have had but no 30 goal season for him this year. He'll be lucky to get 15  this year.

22 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

the best puck moving blue line in the game.

It's pretty much the same staff they had last year minus Seth of course. Maybe Weber can stay healthy this year. And yes it is a great puck moving group no arguments there..

...but they are suspect in their own zone which leads to Rinne being more exposed....and then drawing Dallas or the Kings does not bode well for them either. So it's pick your poison. However i don't think the Kings are as strong as in the past so maybe they'd prefer them over the Stars.

I just haven't seen them adjust well to Lavy's "Jam style" i just don't think they have the forwards to run it. But that is my 2 cents.

I've mainly seen the Preds play vs the Jets and they often look impressive. I like the make-up of their team, but I can't cheer for them as long as Neal (and Ribiero) are there. Plus, Trotz is gone. I always cheer for the boy from Dauphin and hope he gets a ring one of these years, even if it's with WSH.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well certainly better than they maybe have had but no 30 goal season for him this year. He'll be lucky to get 15  this year.

It's pretty much the same staff they had last year minus Seth of course. Maybe Weber can stay healthy this year. And yes it is a great puck moving group no arguments there..

...but they are suspect in their own zone which leads to Rinne being more exposed....and then drawing Dallas or the Kings does not bode well for them either. So it's pick your poison. However i don't think the Kings are as strong as in the past so maybe they'd prefer them over the Stars.

I just haven't seen them adjust well to Lavy's "Jam style" i just don't think they have the forwards to run it. But that is my 2 cents.

OOOPS I meant Neal and Forsberg for 30 goal scorers plus the addition of Johanssen. Said it wrong.

Archived