Canada Day signings

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Ott to Detroit for $800k. Are the Wings collecting forwards?

IDK we have about 16 NHL caliber forwards now and are in need of a top pair d-man. I am telling ya, something has to be brewing. Mantha and Fowler and assorted pieces?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I think Boedker is a bit better than you give him credit for, he is a 30 goal man waiting on a center to dish him the puck, I could see him becoming a favorite in San Jose. That contract could be a steal. Throw in Schlemko on a reasonable deal, the Sharks and Wilson took quality over quantity.

Sabres sheep here in WNY are crying foul! According to their robotic GM, he had a verbal agreement with Jeff Zatkoff to become the sabres backup goalie but Zatkoff apparently cut a second deal with the Kings then told the sabres to pound sand when they faxed his agent the contract. I can't believe he decided to live in LA instead of Buffalo :ph34r:

Teddy Purcell to the Kings nice 3rd liner.

Carter Hutton who was solid backing up Rinne now is in St. Louis backing up Jake Allen. Allen also got a 3 year extension.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Actually I think Boedker is a bit better than you give him credit for, he is a 30 goal man waiting on a center to dish him the puck, I could see him becoming a favorite in San Jose. That contract could be a steal. Throw in Schlemko on a reasonable deal, the Sharks and Wilson took quality over quantity.

I like the contract. I just hate brittle guys. I have off and on picked him and Hanzal up because they usually start on fire till they get banged up and go cold for long periods.

Overall I am happy with these pickups.

But Dillon and wingels and nieto need to be traded soon. All of them have hit some sort of wall and will hold some deserving prospects back(

On 7/1/2016 at 3:04 PM, pilldoc said:

1:45 p.m. ET: Alexander Radulov signs a one-year deal worth $5.75 million deal with the Montreal Canadiens.

Too much of risk here IMO..... That is a lot of coin for taking a chance on a player who skipped out of the NHL once before.

And his biggest NHL accomplishment to date was breaking curfew

Archived