Canada Day signings

Wearing my Darren McCarty autographed jersey and surrounded by Hockey cards. Dont judge me.

Here is what we have so far:

Brian Campbell a mortal lock to return to Chicago on a short term deal.

Alexander Radulov to the Habs on a one or two year deal. Ahem.

Wings resign Darren Helm 5 years, just under 20 million. Way too much for too long.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BIG rumors a few minutes before noon,

Okposo to the Sabres on a long term deal.

Loui Eriksson to the Canucks to play with the Sedins on the leagues softest line ever.

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

BIG rumors a few minutes before noon,

Okposo to the Sabres on a long term deal.

Loui Eriksson to the Canucks to play with the Sedins on the leagues softest line ever.

Its funny. Been so busy unpacking I forgot that 1PM is crunch time. Was walking around my new street and seeing everyone else has kids my twins age and how awesome it is.

But ill throw on the ticker in a bit to run in the background.

Andrew Ladd 7 year deal with the Islanders. Nice replacement for Okposo. Do they still ave enough to keep Neilson now?

Backes rumored going home to St. Louis.

Lucic signs with Edmonton. 7 years, $42M, $6M AAV.

-Term is longer than you like, but you don't get the top UFA by giving him too little security.

-Dollars aren't horrific, and represent a lower percentage of the cap than his last contract.

-Addresses a need the Oilers have had for as long as I can remember.

Lucic to Edmonto to replace Hall. Team with Larsson and Lucic will be harder to play.

David Perron going back to the Blues on a two year deal.

The Staal deal is pretty good given a lot of the numbers flying around.

Reimer looks like the heir apparent in Florida, no? I'd imagine they see if Reimer returns to form behind a capable team for a season, and if so, Luongo at 38 gets exposed to expansion.

Jason Chimera cheap solid under the radatr signing for the Isles- two years.

Chris Stewart to the Wild not a ton in the tank but with he and Staal they will be harder to play nightly.

Steady David Schlemko leaves New Jersey to play on bottom pair in San Jose. Good signing.

Jamie McGinn 3 years for 10 million from the 'Yotes. Overpay. trying to get to the floor.

Ben Lovejoy 3 years with the Devils replacing Schlemko.

The Wings are in conversation with Kris Versteeg as a middle six winger, it would allow them to deal Nyquist or Tatar for the needed defenseman. Hear the Wings are VERY much in on Shattenkirk. Cost would be insane but worth it.

Backup goalies flying off the shelf, the latest is Johan Gustafsson signs as a pro backup to Talbot in Edmonton, and Montoya is a brilliant signee for the Habs who went down faster than the Titanic when Price went down. Both solidify weaknesses from last season.

28 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

The Wings are in conversation with Kris Versteeg as a middle six winger, it would allow them to deal Nyquist or Tatar for the needed defenseman. Hear the Wings are VERY much in on Shattenkirk. Cost would be insane but worth it.

If Hall got Larsson, what does Nyquist or Tatar fetch?

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

If Hall got Larsson, what does Nyquist or Tatar fetch?

lol, an autographed puck signed by Don Cherry. Not much.

I have been bouncing around on here all day, the Wings are in on Fowler and on Shattenkirk and I would consider today a huge win if we add one fo them. Not happy about the Darren Helm deal, way too much for way too long, but Nielsen is a long time favorite of mine, the consumate 2C. Just hoping Holland adds the top pair blueliner we desperately need......

Good signing by your boys, under the radar, Schlemko had a hell of a year in New Jersey and will fit nicely on the bottom pair, maybe even as a 4.

"Schlemko-Demelo" has a great sound to it.

I like the signing. but......

David Schlemko is a left handed defenseman who does not play right side.........

So which of Paul Martin or Brenden Dillon are being traded from the sharks?

Martin can play right side, but then who will cover for Burns? No reason to deactivate Vlasic's newfound offensive touch by putting him on Burns' left.

Hope someone takes Dillon off our hands because I have been annoyed with his decline in play after leaving Dallas for the Sharks.

I suspect Demelo, a solid puck mover, will take over bottom pair right side. Dillon/Polak was a trainwreck in the finals. Mind you, Martin/Burns didn't look so hot either.

https://twitter.com/zakkthebear/status/748927387371393024/photo/1

CmS5ZOWVIAAi0hS.jpg

4 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

lol, an autographed puck signed by Don Cherry. Not much.

I have been bouncing around on here all day, the Wings are in on Fowler and on Shattenkirk and I would consider today a huge win if we add one fo them. Not happy about the Darren Helm deal, way too much for way too long, but Nielsen is a long time favorite of mine, the consumate 2C. Just hoping Holland adds the top pair blueliner we desperately need......

Good signing by your boys, under the radar, Schlemko had a hell of a year in New Jersey and will fit nicely on the bottom pair, maybe even as a 4.

I won't lie. I like Nielsen a lot too. Like many 2nd line C's, He is not a main fantasy team player, but he is a solid pickup in case of an injury and produces in all situations

Boston signed Anton Khubodin so they hope he solves the problem short term until Subban is ready.

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

Don't they still have Lehner?

YOU STOLE MY LINE!! Exactly what I was thinking.

Good Lord Reimer for 5 years, WTF is Florida thinking?

Pittsburgh has retooled- Their AHL team.

Chad Ruhwedel, Sestito, Gaunce, Warsofsky and Stuart Percy all signed, will likely play at SWB most of the year. Percy and Ruhwedel have the best shot at breaking through.

Archived