Sabres win at Edmonton

Buffalo Rick

What a game!!  A big game for Bufallo, I guess there might be life without Jack and Kane!  At least tonight.  Ten minutes lest so expect a fight.  6-2 Sabres at the time e of this post!!!  And how about those Bills?  Reason to have faith up here in upstate NY!   Go Sabres!!!!!

How about that Sabres win in Edmonton?  Unreal.  I mean, those fans and that team were both shocked.  I think they took us for granted. But they were also reminded that they too are rebuilding and are not a Cup contending team yet. Playing Calgary every night may inflate your head.   We go there next.  I say we have a shot at them?  But they will have a better goalie than the one Edmonton used.  I will admit that one goal was a gift.  O'Reilly flipped the puck in from the red line and it grew eyes and bounced over the poor bastard and into the net.

On 10/16/2016 at 11:29 PM, Hockey Junkie said:

How about that Sabres win in Edmonton?  Unreal.  I mean, those fans and that team were both shocked.  I think they took us for granted.

The Edmonton Oilers shouldn't be taking anyone for granted. It's more shocking when they win.  

8 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

The Edmonton Oilers shouldn't be taking anyone for granted. It's more shocking when they win.  

I think it's important to keep things in perspective. They played very well in their first two games, winning both. Against the Sabres, they carried 57% of the possession, and had 19 High Danger Chances, while surrendering 8. There were two big problems: Talbot laid an egg and the Sabres were able to convert 6 goals, and Lehner played a great game.

I would be more comfortable saying the Oiler took the Sabres for granted if the Sabres badly outplayed them, but it isn't what happened, lopsided score notwithstanding.

Archived