Kane returns to Sabres lineup tonight. Eichel soon?

Buffalo Rick

Sure us Sabre fans would prefer Eichel but Kane is better than nothing.  Eichel has to be fairly close.  Meaning weeks instead of months.  I cant wait because then we can really see what we have.  We have gotten better goaltending than I expected so far.  Does anyone agree?  Or do you think our goaltending is worse than Philly?

I have always felt that Lehner is a joke in net as anything more than a decent backup. The overpay to Ottawa to acquire a man with a career record of 30-49 in Ottawa and who is now 9-20 in Buffalo for a nifty career record of 39 wins, 69 losses is absurd. Lehner for a first round pick was simply awful.

He has played better than hoped this year. Don't get me wrong, he is a capable, decent netminder capable of winning a game or even two in a row on the rare occasion but to say that he is doing with with a 4-6 record and a 2.20 goals against is not a good thing. He is one of those guys who will always be just good enough to lose more than he wins.

They overpaid, he is a loser and nothing more. If I had him on my team I would be nervously okay with him as a 20 game a year guy who plays the second game of back to backs preferably against lower end teams. to expect or hope for more is foolhardy. While I like what Tim Murray has done so far in his regime, the heist of O'Reilly from Buffalo, the trade with Winnipeg both come to mind, the solid drafting as well, he appears to have no idea what a real NHL goalie looks like. Until someone tells him, they are not going anywhere.

Archived