Game 42: Flyers at CBJ, January 8, 2017@6 PM

Howie58

3 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The contact happend before the shot and didn't affect Mason's ability to play the shot.  The shot was going wide and deflected off of Gudas.  

Doesnt matter if the shot was going wide or not.  The pint is if the first flyers goal was disallowed (for a guy not touching the goalie at all!!!) to allow that one is an atrocious miscarriage of officiating. 

The guys in Toronto decided to screw the flyers tonight.  Period.  It's outrageous but that's literally all ther is to it. Anyone arguing any legitimacy to that first call without arguing illegitimacy to the second one simply can't be taken seriously. 

In my book they're both good goals and that's the end of it.  But t when Johnny Cybabywhineypantz is behind the bench and Toronto is reviewing the Flyers, all bets are off. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Doesnt matter if the shot was going wide or not.  The pint is if the first flyers goal was disallowed (for a guy not touching the goalie at all!!!) to allow that one is an atrocious miscarriage of officiating. 

The guys in Toronto decided to screw the flyers tonight.  Period.  It's outrageous but that's literally all ther is to it. Anyone arguing any legitimacy to that first call without arguing illegitimacy to the second one simply can't be taken seriously. 

In my book they're both good goals and that's the end of it.  But t when Johnny Cybabywhineypantz is behind the bench and Toronto is reviewing the Flyers, all bets are off. 

I still don't get why it takes so long to review the play, don't they have a guy in Toronto watching it with all the same angles? It should be as simple as a phone call "Hey was that a goal? The HC is claiming interference"

7 hours ago, King Knut said:

Nope. That's several games. The puck was gone and he kept engaged with the player, then raised his hands and stick, driving the player into the glass head first while all koneckny tried to do was untangle and skate away. 

foligno was was trying to make a statement on the tally rookie, and it should have cost him a misconduct and should now cost him a couple of games. 

If if he stays on the body, you're right. We're looking at a roughing minor, and a dressing down from his coach, but you go with your ha dad to his face and drive him to the boards that way, you should really hi in trouble.

as it is he gets a game winner and the adoration of Johnny whineycrybabypantz. 

Not okay.  He tall needs to make a stink after this game. 

Take off the orange and black glasses and look at the play objectively.  

Folino  engaged in the check immediately after connecting the shot. Koneckney turned and put his stick up and was battling with Folino. Folino was much stronger and drove Koneckney back from the bottom of the circle all the way to the boards.   It wasn't a late hit because the players were engaged from the time Koneckney shot the puck. I do not see where Folino drove him headfirst into the boards. Koneckney may have hit his head on the boards but he was not driven headfirst into the boards. 

7 hours ago, King Knut said:

My point about the shot going wide was It only went in because it was deflected. 

The NHL explanation on the  Columbus gold does not even mention contact with the goalie. It only mentions the Columbus player being in the crease.

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Take off the orange and black glasses and look at the play objectively.  

Folino  engaged in the check immediately after connecting the shot. Koneckney turned and put his stick up and was battling with Folino. Folino was much stronger and drove Koneckney back from the bottom of the circle all the way to the boards.   It wasn't a late hit because the players were engaged from the time Koneckney shot the puck. I do not see where Folino drove him headfirst into the boards. Koneckney may have hit his head on the boards but he was not driven headfirst into the boards. 

I'm things just fine.  Foligno was being an arse and should have been penalized.  End of story.  You're being partisan or exhibiting abused spouse syndrome if you think it was "all good". You can't engage like that with a guy who's trying to get free and you cant shove him head first into the boards by his face when you made contact with him near the hashes.  It's insane to think you can. Doesn't matter if you're bigger.  You can't do it. 

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

My point about the shot going wide was It only went in because it was deflected. 

The NHL explanation on the  Columbus gold does not even mention contact with the goalie. It only mentions the Columbus player being in the crease.

Yeah I don't understand you point about the deflection. 

If the. NHL explanation doesn't mention the contact then they're even bigger more incompetent jerks than I imagined. 

Its not the NFL.  The rules for goalie interference are different than pass interference.  

Anyway like I said, in my book they're both good goals, though I'm a bit more inclined to call the one where the scoring team actually made contact with the goalie. 

The "push off" call on the Flyers goal was just weak as pooh bear. 

Bottom line in this game the NHL is showing how inconsistent they can be in ONE game.

Here is another bad call. So it isn't just the Flyers being screwed. It just pisses me off in such a close game...

Jets get screwed....

34 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Bottom line in this game the NHL is showing how inconsistent they can be in ONE game.

Here is another bad call. So it isn't just the Flyers being screwed. It just pisses me off in such a close game...

Jets get screwed....

Oh it's definitely not just the Flyers getting screwed.  In fact I'm of the opinion that the calls against the Flyers have been much more even handed in the past 5-7 years or so.  

Simultaneous to that, I feel like the calls against the Penguins have also been getting much more even handed.   which is to say that the league in general seems to be getting more fair.  

It's not a systemic and consistently biased problem like it was a short while ago.

There are nights however (like last night) when several bad calls or non calls hurt one team predominantly.

All in all 3 points out of 6 from teams ahead of us or neck and neck with us in the standings isn't a bad weekend considering how things were going this time last week.  

Hopefully it's a sign of getting back on track.  

I think it's possible the Holidays just really screwed this team up in the head.  

Archived