Blashille out Hitchcock in.

Norman Smith

Let's shake this team up!! If Hitch is avalable let's grab him he's been know to be hard on players which is what this team needs.I'm really not happy with the lackluster performance by Blashille and his coaching team. Even his post game interviews are drab "we did some good things but didn't compete at a high level." A guy gets tired of hearing that all the time and nothing being done. What is Blashille doing about it????Makes no sense to tank the rest of the season just for a lower draft pick there is no franchise players in this 2017 draft. Even a trade of  our third pair for another teams third pair could spark enough of a change to get our guys into the play offs this year.We seriously need a D man now.I say Cam Fowler or Doug Hamilton or Shattenkirk .Bring in Hitch and maybe Shattenkirk comes for the ride. That's my rant anyone agree??

@Norman Smith

The word is that he just may not quite walk away, I heard yesterday. Having said that, because this rebuild process is not going to be a year or two long, I'd rather have someone younger who is also a disciplinarian, like Hartley. You need someone who can find that balance of being hard on his younger players without exasperating them. Hartley is hard, but measured. He was doing good things in Calgary. I like him for the role...if he'd consider it. Not sure a coach like him sees enough upside potential with us as compared with other teams in the league who will be looking.

Truthfully, though, you can change all the coaching you want, but if the GM doesn't follow through by tossing players who aren't pulling their weight, giving the coach's threats more bite, they are empty words. I think that is, in part of Blashill's problem. He can yell all he wants in practice, but until the players figure out that if he yells at ya too often that you might find yourself elsewhere (that actually may be becoming an incentive, eh?), players can stay in their comfort zone.

If it was just one or two of them, you could probably count on Z to get on them, but there are too many.

Archived