Penguins Deadline Talk

nossagog

I expect the NHL to do something about the whole salary retention thing, especially for rentals.   Basically at this point Carolina is paying 50% of Hainsey's contract and Philly and Tampa are paying the bulk of Streit's.   

On 3/1/2017 at 5:33 PM, nossagog said:

I expect the NHL to do something about the whole salary retention thing, especially for rentals.   Basically at this point Carolina is paying 50% of Hainsey's contract and Philly and Tampa are paying the bulk of Streit's.   

Just think Tampa is paying Streit to score against them!

2 hours ago, murraycraven said:

to be fair they are only paying 4.7% of his salary....   

Actually, I think Philly is paying 4.7 of the salary from the trade from Philly to Tampa.  THEN, on top of that Tampa is paying 50% of what is left of that contract for him to play with the Pens. 

9 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Actually, I think Philly is paying 4.7 of the salary from the trade from Philly to Tampa.  THEN, on top of that Tampa is paying 50% of what is left of that contract for him to play with the Pens. 

I thought they were only paying 4.7 bc they could not fit him under the cap and Philly pays the rest.....  

58 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I thought they were only paying 4.7 bc they could not fit him under the cap and Philly pays the rest.....  

This was one of those really weird trades.  When Streit went to Tamps(briefly), Philly agreed to retain 4.7% of the salary(granted, for 20 games of the season, that's minor).   And then with what was left, Tampa agreed to retain 50% of that, which allowed the Pen's to fit him in under their cap.  So the end all cap hit to the Pens is something like 500K. 

If the Pens power play can keep the pace of last night with Streit on one of the points, this trade will definitely be worth it.     Two for three on the power play last night, it it looked really dangerous.  Streit gives them someone who's willing to take that shot from the point, and gives the defense something else to worry about. 

32 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I thought it odd that Streit scored the winning goal against his former team! Lol

The only thing odd is it wasn't the Flyers. 

I'm pretty sure it's carved in stone if Philly deals you, you score against them. Unless you're a goalie...then it's shutout.

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm pretty sure it's carved in stone if Philly deals you, you score against them. Unless you're a goalie...then it's shutout.

I thought the way that it worked was that it was written in stone that the Pens were guaranteed to win the cup so that Streit, an ex Flyer, would win the cup after he left the Flyers?  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

4 minutes ago, nossagog said:

I thought the way that it worked was that it was written in stone that the Pens were guaranteed to win the cup so that Streit, an ex Flyer, would win the cup after he left the Flyers?  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

That too.... you bastard!

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Lol! I'm guessing that Philly would pitch the shut out? After all, we are talking about the Pens! Lol!

4 hours ago, nossagog said:

Didn't that happen with Rick and Kjell? Lol

Archived