Who has the best chance to advance in the West?

yave1964

Same thing here as i wrote in the Eastern Conference, out West who has the least to the best chance to advance, ranking the odds as I see them on who will come out of the West.

8) Flames. Upstart Flames have played magnificent in the second half I just think that the Ducks or Hawks will finish them off with relative ease.

7) Predators. Some nights they are world beaters others they are just awful although they have been solid down the stretch. I just think something is missing.

6) Sharks. The Cup hangover for the cup loser is a real thing they have done well to have a solid year but Jumbo and Couture are already beat up and the defense/goaltending has been plain bad down the stretch.

5) Oilers. Hell of a year for the young kids who are well established as a true force in the West.

4) Wild. Faded badly but seem to have righted the ship. Don't let the #4 rank fool you into thinking I don't like their chances, I believe that any of the top five could win the West but the Wild have to overcome the Boudreau curse and their own first round curse as well. Tall order.

3) Blues. Red hot going into the postseason, nobody wants to play them right now.

2) Hawks. Getting Anisimov back at the right time. West is weak, they have home ice throughout.

1) Ducks. Arguably Hockey's hottest team with the easiest path through their own division of any team. They seem to be built for one final run in the Getzlaf/Perry era before a changing of the guard.

So I have the Ducks coming out of the West but truthfully I can see a case for almost any of the above winning the Conference.

To me the winner of the St Louis vs Minnesota series is the team that will come out of the West.  I did not want these two to meet in round one.  They are the two I am cheering for but since they are playing, GO BLUES.  I am picking the Blues but this series is going to be hell.

@Hockey Junkie

I agree the Blues/Wild is gonna be a fun one, both of the series from that division should be bare knuckle knock em down and fight to the last second with the Hawks/Predators being juicy as well.

I was rooting for the battle of California and the Battle of Alberta in the Far West but alas the Ducks/Flames does not have a lot of appeal, the Oilers and Sharks are kind of the old guys against the kids so it should be a lot of fun.

Archived