The never ending saga of the Flyers goaltending

FD19372

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

ok. :whiteflag:

I admit to being biased.  I REALLY despised Roman.  And I REALLY despised the decision to let him take over.  It was an immature hockey decision that reflected a very poor understanding on the part of the coach.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

We'll he went 22-16-4 2.36 gaa 920% 3 shutouts. No too shabby. How do we know Johnson didn't want to go somewhere else?

Because Murray came in and signed his "highly touted goalie prospect" Robin Lehner and didn't offer Johnson a contract.

Johnson's been with six teams in eight years. It's not him making the decisions.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh yeah you'd rather hand 6.5mill to the guy who lost his job to a former Sabre goalie in Neuvy!

NICE!!!!

Keep tryin that till it works for you!!!

HAHA!!!!

No, I'd rather have Comcast shell out front end money for a beneficial contract for the franchise that gives a great opportunity for the Highly Touted Goalie Prospects to develop while giving the current core a reasonable chance to compete.

That works fine for me.

I'd go with Budaj or Miller 1000 times before Johnson.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

I could do Petr no thanks to Miller Rick's jinx is more than i could handle!

That was primarily to better illustrate my opinion of Johnson.

:DancingGrape:

1 minute ago, radoran said:

That was primarily to better illustrate my opinion of Johnson.

:DancingGrape:

I think he is ok goalie not earth shattering by any means but he would be competition for Neuvy.

But i am open to other options as well.......just don't want to anchor the team to anyone for 3-4 years. I like options. This team is in flux for a year or two more.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think he is ok goalie not earth shattering by any means but he would be competition for Neuvy.

But i am open to other options as well.......just don't want to anchor the team to anyone for 3-4 years. I like options. This team is in flux for a year or two more.

Fun fact, Neuvirth and Johnson were traded for each other.

It would not at all surprise me if Vegas took Neuvirth. He was a Highly Touted Goalie Prospect for McPhee once.

#potential

1 minute ago, radoran said:

It would not at all surprise me if Vegas took Neuvirth.

Yeah it could be that way. It would be the end of the world. But then Flyers would need two goalies. I guess then Mason would have leverage he wanted.

32 minutes ago, radoran said:

Fun fact, Neuvirth and Johnson were traded for each other.

It would not at all surprise me if Vegas took Neuvirth. He was a Highly Touted Goalie Prospect for McPhee once.

#potential

I still think this is a strong possibility. Several reasons:

-There were conspicuous reports coming out at the time that the league was openly turning a blind eye to such pre-draft under the table deals between McPhee and the other GMs.  

-Neuwirth was being played an inordinate amount at the time.  He was clearly being showcased for something.  When no trade came at the deadline but a new contract did instead, one had to wonder why.

-Immediately after the Deadline and the brand new contract for Neuvirth, it was Mason who began playing the vast majority of the games again until Neuvirth's collapse on the ice from the flu.

-Neuwirth played 9 games in the month leading up to the deadline and his contract and 4 games in the two months after the deadline. 

-McPhee has a history and apparent fondness for Neuvirth.  

I would expect that Hextall is taking an extended look at Johnson now.  

Hextall could have asked Mason to play for Canada, but did not.  Johnson and Pickard (who lost 31 games for the Avs this year) however are playing for Canada.  

45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah it could be that way. It would be the end of the world. But then Flyers would need two goalies. I guess then Mason would have leverage he wanted.

They'd have Stolarz as the backup he should have been this year.  Hopefully Hak plays him occasionally... especially against the G.D. Devils.  

So They'd need one goalie, which they were planning on signing anyway.

It would actually be an idea situation.  

Archived