The Hockey News Draft Preview

Jam1986

Just read the preview a few players stood out mostly goalies and D/man. Anyone no anything about these kids? Dipietro,Anderson,Martin.Crotty,Leschyshyn,Robertson,Samberg,Norris,Philips,Luukkonen,Timms.Oettinger. Not many LW"s to find! Sorry for the bunching up! Looks like trades to fill holes or Free agent. Better draft next year I quesss hope Hex get more picks for next year. Thanks

I know none of the names you mentioned is Patrick or Hischier. :VeryCool:

Finding true and solid NHLers past the first round is statistically difficult anyway. We're in an enviable position in that our first pick stands an excellent chance of being a solid player. That isn't so much the case for teams picking after us (e.g. virtually everyone...), even in the first round.

From round two on, it's always a more complex deal. I have a feeling this rounds second batch is likely pretty similar to many other years. The challenge with this year seems to be the lack of true top end talent. We have an easier road in that regard. The rest will even itself out I'm sure.

13 hours ago, Jam1986 said:

Just read the preview a few players stood out mostly goalies and D/man. Anyone no anything about these kids? Dipietro,Anderson,Martin.Crotty,Leschyshyn,Robertson,Samberg,Norris,Philips,Luukkonen,Timms.Oettinger. Not many LW"s to find! Sorry for the bunching up! Looks like trades to fill holes or Free agent. Better draft next year I quesss hope Hex get more picks for next year. Thanks

I've never heard of most of those guys...I'll guess they're in the US or Europe. Dipietro and Oettinger are the two highest ranked goalies in this years draft....both likely 2nd round picks. Jammer can give you a good report on Dipietro as he plays for his Spitfires. 

13 hours ago, Jam1986 said:

DiPietro is a very good goalie. Turns 18 this summer. Super fast up and down movement, respectable glove hand, covers down low well, great side to side movement. Anticipates the play well....NEVER gives up on a puck. A Humble kid who will only get better. Playing right now in the Memorial Cup and beat top ranked St.Johns yesterday. I think he's a franchise goalie. It's not like Windsor has a long history NHL goalies, but he's the best that has ever played here, and we did send Grubaurer and Roland Melanson to the NHL.

Archived